Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
I'm up to my knees in side quests. Every town and some other places out in the world have loads of them.

This all seems something about nothing really. At nearly 40 hours in I still have loads to do. I guess it depends on how you value £30 game wise.
Agreed. That Kickstarter link is from several years ago so things change. It's also famous for people not delivering what they claim, and I think that's just the case here with the dog business.

Regarding the caves and mines, they're there, just not easy to find, and they're very small. But they exist.

And the side quests - I'm like you, they're everywhere, and still have so many unexplored people who give quests. Whoever says there aren't many just hasn't bothered to actually explore and talk to the NPCs!

Associate
Agreed. That Kickstarter link is from several years ago so things change. It's also famous for people not delivering what they claim, and I think that's just the case here with the dog business.

Regarding the caves and mines, they're there, just not easy to find, and they're very small. But they exist.

Aye I've only backed 3 or 4 games in the past but none of them ended up exactly as promised in the Kickstarter. Seems unrealistic to expect it over such a long development period.

Soldato
Aye I've only backed 3 or 4 games in the past but none of them ended up exactly as promised in the Kickstarter. Seems unrealistic to expect it over such a long development period.
Though reading the steam link above the Kickstarter one about the story not resolving is pretty disappointing. I mean I'm very pleased they're making more of this type of game and even this very game, but not resolving the main quest is odd, and just smacks of 'Give me your money!'

Then again, many games don't truly resolve anyway as it leaves things open for a sequel. So I'm not particularly surprised. Just sounds like this one was done without much finesse.

Soldato
Probably worth doing the sword training multiple times to master the block, sidesteps, chains etc. I managed to stumble through it without spotting most of the visual clues (like the green flash mentioned above).

Soldato
I'm up to my knees in side quests. Every town and some other places out in the world have loads of them.

This all seems something about nothing really. At nearly 40 hours in I still have loads to do. I guess it depends on how you value £30 game wise.

I'm at stage based in Ratttay on main quest going to next town looking for limping man. Is it normal to have only maybe 3 side quests?
Unarmed fighting, reading one and get some rabbits one for a beggar. I talk to just about everyone nearby. Ohhhh I have already done the Millers quest. Ohhhh there's the bandits quests yeah so 4?

Just compared to Witcher 3 I had around 20 side quests at least.

I like the town's so I'm not complaining about them but quests outside of towns I've seen none...and hardly see anyone...and yeah it's cool when you find hidden trails and caves..but there's nothing there most of the time.

Soldato
Nope, none of that stuff in this game. You don't get sights when using bows, have obscured vision when wearing a helm with face covering and the enemy don't have health bars.

Can't wait :)
Do you have a health bar?
Does it have 'magic' potions or food that can instantly heal damage? Hopefully it doesn't have a don't take damage for a few seconds to heal up mechanic!
What is the combat like (at work so can't watch videos)? Can you take more of a beating than Luke Cage or is it almost 1-hit kills? How quickly do you recover from damage? (It sounds quite brutal)

Historically accurate could make it very challenging!

Soldato
I'm at stage based in Ratttay on main quest going to next town looking for limping man. Is it normal to have only maybe 3 side quests?
Unarmed fighting, reading one and get some rabbits one for a beggar. I talk to just about everyone nearby. Ohhhh I have already done the Millers quest. Ohhhh there's the bandits quests yeah so 4?

I like the town's so I'm not complaining about them but quests outside of towns I've seen none...and hardly see anyone...and yeah it's cool when you find hidden trails and caves..but there's nothing there most of the time.
I've got eight on at the moment, and I can still see stars across the map where there are more to be found.

Remember, only three side quests can be shown at once. You need to go into your inventory list thing and choose which ones are showing.

Soldato

It's more unrealistic to assume that the main quest in a role playing game is incomplete. Everything you've done up until that very moment, had lead to this...

But enough of that, you'll have to tune in for the next installment.

Lol, how about you jog the - on.

Associate
It's more unrealistic to assume that the main quest in a role playing game is incomplete. Everything you've done up until that very moment, had lead to this...

But enough of that, you'll have to tune in for the next installment.

Lol, how about you jog the - on.

I prefer to ride than jog, my vitality skill is pretty high already. How's your reading skill going? 1 I guess.

Associate

I've got 2 main quests, 5 side and a number of activities on the go. There are a number of stars on my map as well. Not sure how or why they appear tbh. I just move from town to town picking up quests. The main and side quests send you around all of the other towns so hopefully you'll have plenty to do soon.

Soldato
I prefer to ride than jog, my vitality skill is pretty high already. How's your reading skill going? 1 I guess.

ha ha, good one. Funnily enough maxed that one out already. Don't be salty, it's a great game. If you choose to back these things from the get go, then yes I can understand why you'd be a little reserved about coming to terms with the fact you've paid for an incomplete main quest. I mean, if you already knew you were backing for something that wouldn't get fully realised, then there's no disappointment, right?

Soldato
j3pVaKQ.gif

no no no no...... my spidey senses were shouting at me the world feels a tad barren....coz it aint finished :(

I also feel there aint a heckava lot of sidequests man

Huh...im 60 hours game time all from doing side quests, mini games and exploring each town picking up things to do from inn keepers, ive not even spoken to the baliff in rattay yet after speaking with sir ridzig

Associate
ha ha, good one. Funnily enough maxed that one out already. Don't be salty, it's a great game. If you choose to back these things from the get go, then yes I can understand why you'd be a little reserved about coming to terms with the fact you've paid for an incomplete main quest.

I only bought it on release for £30 on a deal from GMG. Many won't pay full price for it so I'm happy to give the tenner or whatever I saved back at some point. At 40+ hours already I just can't complain about them adding some kind of conclusion on for a fee. It's a small dev, a great game and I'm happy to support them to a point.

I suppose if you paid out a lot for the Kickstarter. It would be a nice gesture if those people that paid over a certain amount get any conclusion free assuming it's as much of a problem as stated. I'm interested now to see the ending but want to wring the last bit out of the game I can.

Soldato
ha ha, good one. Funnily enough maxed that one out already. Don't be salty, it's a great game. If you choose to back these things from the get go, then yes I can understand why you'd be a little reserved about coming to terms with the fact you've paid for an incomplete main quest. I mean, if you already knew you were backing for something that wouldn't get fully realised, then there's no disappointment, right?
What would be considered a fully realised main quest then? Games, films, books, frequently don't fully resolve something, as that shuts off the possibility of a sequel, or just diminishes the interest in finding out 'What happens next?'.

Could this one in KC: D have been done better? By the sounds of things, yes. But I don't really care if it means more of something similar. I despise paid DLCs so I hope it's a new game in its entirety. Their PR department, or whoever responds to the questions, needs to up their game though as there's so much conflicting information.

Soldato
I only bought it on release for £30 on a deal from GMG. Many won't pay full price for it so I'm happy to give the tenner or whatever I saved back at some point. At 40+ hours already I just can't complain about them adding some kind of conclusion on for a fee. It's a small dev, a great game and I'm happy to support them to a point.

I suppose if you paid out a lot for the Kickstarter. It would be a nice gesture if those people that paid over a certain amount get any conclusion free assuming it's as much of a problem as stated. I'm interested now to see the ending but want to wring the last bit out of the game I can.

I guess it depends on your sensibilities, but for me these games really are all about the journey, and following said journey. That doesn't take away the hours of enjoyment already had from the game, but it leaves an extremely sour taste in ones mouth to suddenly realise you're not able to conclude Henry's revenge. I honestly can't see any logic behind this other than the game simply wasn't going to be ready in time.

Maybe that's just me, but knowing this makes a great deal of difference in a game of this nature.

What would be considered a fully realised main quest then? Games, films, books, frequently don't fully resolve something, as that shuts off the possibility of a sequel, or just diminishes the interest in finding out 'What happens next?'.

Could this one in KC: D have been done better? By the sounds of things, yes. But I don't really care if it means more of something similar. I despise paid DLCs so I hope it's a new game in its entirety. Their PR department, or whoever responds to the questions, needs to up their game though as there's so much conflicting information.

Considering it ends supposedly right before a siege pinnacle to the plot, it's more like a FU than a to be continued. There's ways of doing these things gracefully.

Last edited:
Soldato
Considering it ends supposedly right before a siege pinnacle to the plot, it's more like a FU than a to be continued. There's ways of doing these things gracefully.

And then what, it fades to black and you can then go about playing in the world as before? Or is that the end and you have to restart/go to a past save to carry on in the world? If the former, that's bloody odd and pretty crap as how would you just leave a siege and carry on as normal!

Back
Top Bottom