Kitchen remodel project

Soldato
OP
What is the multicolour light switch and where did you source from chief ?
It's a touch panel RF controller (so it doesn't connect to the lights directly).

Each side of the kitchen has a separate LED controller unit being powered by a 12v drivers. The touch panel then talks to them over RF allowing each side to be controlled independently.

I also have a WiFi unit hooked into it which can be controlled via phone/tablet which in turn sends an RF signal to the controllers.

I got this gear from a company called Hi-Line but there are loads of places doing similar.

I had considered the Philips Vue stuff but at the time of purchase they didn't offer RGBW LED strips, just RGB (wanted a cool/clean white for food prep). Also the strips i'm using are fully waterproof and can be cut/joined as needed (handy when going around hob the extractor).

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Kitchen looks stunning, How did you find Wren? Would you recommend them? They have recently opened a store near us and the wife has fallen in love with a kitchen there.

Soldato
OP
Kitchen looks stunning, How did you find Wren? Would you recommend them? They have recently opened a store near us and the wife has fallen in love with a kitchen there.
Thanks, Wren were okay but like most of these places they will bend over backwards to get your cash and then once they have it they will need to be poked/nagged for anything else above beyond the basics.

Obviously ignore all the sales stuff, 'If you don't sign today you will miss out on the one time only deal". They have massive mark-ups so keep pushing them to cut more and be looking to knock at least 50% off whatever RRP they are quoting.

Soldato
That's a stunning kitchen, congratulations.

Although I'm shocked that used to be two rooms! They both must have been tiny.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Thanks, Wren were okay but like most of these places they will bend over backwards to get your cash and then once they have it they will need to be poked/nagged for anything else above beyond the basics.

Obviously ignore all the sales stuff, 'If you don't sign today you will miss out on the one time only deal". They have massive mark-ups so keep pushing them to cut more and be looking to knock at least 50% off whatever RRP they are quoting.

Thanks, how do you find the quality compared to others? We have a Howdens kitchen in our current house, some bits are very good others are terrible quality.

Soldato
OP
Thanks, how do you find the quality compared to others? We have a Howdens kitchen in our current house, some bits are very good others are terrible quality.
So far everything seems really good, cabinets are sturdy and well finished, and all mechanisms (hinges, pull/slip out units are smooth running).

There is just over a ton of quartz sat onto of the units so this obvious helps will securing everything in place, however I guess only time will tell with how well it all wears.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
So far everything seems really good, cabinets are sturdy and well finished, and all mechanisms (hinges, pull/slip out units are smooth running).

There is just over a ton of quartz sat onto of the units so this obvious helps will securing everything in place, however I guess only time will tell with how well it all wears.

Excellent we'll be popping in once we get plans from the architect and see what price they come up with.:D

Soldato
OP
what's the radiator in there?
Generic anthracite oval design which you can pick up from various sellers on eBay/amazon. We have a number of matching upright rads in other rooms which have been great. Very solid and fantastic finish, really can't tell the difference between these and those that cost x5 the amount.

This kitchen one is a double but sits very flush to the wall so not obstructive in any way.

Looks awesome. How much did it cost if you don't me asking? I'm looking to do something similar myself.
Which bit? We have had a load of work done so the overall cost probably wouldn't be very useful.

Back
Top Bottom