Knife Attack in Germany

Sure. Until thought crime becomes a thing people are free to think whatever they want.

It's only not OK when you act on such thoughts....

Would you consider voting for the imprisonment of homosexuals as acting on those thoughts?

Because I think some people who are anti immigration are concerned that if immigration continues at its current rate then laws like this are a distinct possibility.

Last edited:
Would you consider voting for the imprisonment of homosexuals as acting on those thoughts?

Because I think some people who are anti immigration are concerned that if immigration continues at its current rate then laws like this are distinct possibility.
With the rise in homophobic attacks I suspect a law is irrelevant.

Did you not read how the government defines it? Because I'm pretty sure a party that stood on such a policy would fall under that definition.
Because I think some people who are anti immigration are concerned that if immigration continues at its current rate then laws like this are a distinct possibility.
You think but you don't know so i assume you're projecting a bit there.

If you think laws like this are a distinct possibility then i suggest you read the definition, then go back and read it again but this time really slowly. :p

No they are not. That is pure fearmongering propaganda. Christ its like we've now imported the Great Replacement conspiracy from the US right wing :rolleyes: Like we haven't already imported enough insane crap from them.

Did you not read how the government defines it? Because I'm pretty sure a party that stood on such a policy would fall under that definition.

You think but you don't know so i assume you're projecting a bit there.

If you think laws like this are a distinct possibility then i suggest you read the definition, then go back and read it again but this time really slowly. :p

If enough people want something the law can be changed.

Yes but ...

Are you following your own argument? The law has not changed so (insert Stretch's blooper reel).

Until it does. If it does. At what point would you be concerned? If at all?

When these things happen, historically, it's already too late to react.

Fearmongering up until what point? Well, I'm starting to take the Diddums stance, I'm seeing little point in worrying about these things. Hypotheticals, that may, or may not happen.

Then again, I have very little stake in the future, just my own, so any worries in have are purely selfish and easily numbed.

If enough people want something the law can be changed.
Give me a call when that happens, or there's even a remote possibility of it happening, then.

Because, and you'll have to forgive me for cutting to the chase as i know where you're going with this, the 1.6m Muslims that support some aspects of sharia law would have to increase ten fold before they were in a position to change the law so you'll have to forgive me for dismissing such arguments as sensationalist FUD designed to rile up the masses. You could even say it's the promotion or advancement of an ideology based on violence, hatred or intolerance. :D

Last edited:
Give me a call when that happens, or there's even a remote possibility of it happening, then.

Because, and you'll have to forgive me for cutting to the chase as i know where you're going with this, the 1.6m Muslims that support some aspects of sharia law would have to increase ten fold before they were in a position to change the law so you'll have to forgive me for dismissing such arguments as sensationalist FUD designed to rile up the masses. You could even say it's the promotion or advancement of an ideology based on violence, hatred or intolerance. :D

It's not going to happen overnight, but the mechanism for it being possible are pretty clear imo. It's exceptionally naïve to dismiss those who have concerns has just fearmongering or that it's to distant to worry about.

We are already seeing how religious or cultural affiliations are playing a part in British politics with how the Gaza issue played a role in the last election.

We are not going to go from zero to caliphate in a year or two, but we are very likely going to see laws being progressively shaped by views which are culturally unaligned with traditional UK values and interests. This possibly isn't always going to be a bad thing, but the risks are real.

The laws forbidding the promotion or advancement of an ideology based on violence, hatred or intolerance are fairly meaningless. At first sectarian politics can be benign, but can unravel if events transpire that way.

Until it does. If it does. At what point would you be concerned? If at all?

When these things happen, historically, it's already too late to react.

This is the biggest fear as I see it. It requires an element of trust to open up a society to the extent we have in the UK. Some people just don't feel comfortable with that.

Last edited:
It's not going to happen overnight
So when is it going to happen because we've been hearing similar rhetoric for more than half a century now and it's still not come to pass.
It's exceptionally naïve to dismiss those who have concerns has just fearmongering or that it's to distant to worry about.
No, it's pragmatic realism because as i pointed out we've been forced to listen to these boys crying wolf for more than 50 years now and still the wolf hasn't shown its face.

Last edited:
So when is it going to happen because we've been hearing similar rhetoric for more than half a century now and it's still not come to pass.
Its like you missed this part

It's not going to happen overnight,
We are not going to go from zero to caliphate in a year or two

No, it's pragmatic realism because as i pointed out we've been forced to listen to these boys crying wolf for more than 50 years now and still the wolf hasn't shown its face.
Care to elaborate on the "wolf"? What is the Wolf?

We all have different meaning of it for reference, to say it hasn't shown up is dishonest as the definition differs per person.
Depending on your definition, the wolf has 100% shown its face.
Did 7/7 even happen?

Why not have an immigration policy which removes or heavily minimises the risk?

Last edited:
Its like you missed this part
You think someone asking for a rough idea for when it's going to happen is them ignoring the fact that someone said "It's not going to happen overnight"? Very peculiar as i would've thought most people would take someone replying to a point about it not happening overnight by asking roughly when is pretty on point.
Care to elaborate on the "wolf"? What is the Wolf?

We all have different meaning of it for reference, to say it hasn't shown up is dishonest as the definition differs per person.
Depending on your definition, the wolf has 100% shown its face.
Did 7/7 even happen?
Have you never heard about the boy who cried wolf?

I agree that saying "it", I'm not really sure what "it" is but lets go with my suspicion that you mean Islam as you seem like an Islamophobe to me, has not shown up would be dishonest but as i didn't say that it seems to be a rather irrelevant point you're making there.

Maybe it would've helped if you established what someone meant by the boy who cried wolf before you said the other stuff because it's making you look a bit daft.

Back
Top Bottom