Kriega R20 waterproof?

SamuraiTortoise

S

SamuraiTortoise

I've changed my mind and fancy the r20 or r25 over the ogio mach rucksack. I need to know whether the r20 would fit a 15" laptop (Dell Latitude e5530). Dimensions wise i think I'll have to go r25 but would like to know if I could get away with the smaller r20 as would prefer the smaller bag but if anyone can help me and let me know max laptop size for the r20.

SamuraiTortoise

S

SamuraiTortoise

Well, ordered the R25 as checking the dimensions the R20 wouldn't be quite big enough for my 15" laptop. Should arrive today so hoping to ride home from work with it.

Soldato
Guys, forget all that crap. I put anything that i want to keep dry in a loksak... Rated for upto 60meters, i can get caught in a serious SW Floridian downpour, and my phone stays as dry as a bone, even if i look like someone who's jumped 'literally' into a swimming pool.

Man of Honour
Guys, forget all that crap. I put anything that i want to keep dry in a loksak... Rated for upto 60meters, i can get caught in a serious SW Floridian downpour, and my phone stays as dry as a bone, even if i look like someone who's jumped 'literally' into a swimming pool.

They're not quite the same as being able to strap 40L of luggage in dry bags to your tail though are they?

Soldato
OP

Fine for if you just want to keep phone/wallet dry on a ride, but I ride into work every day with shoes, waterproofs, lunch box and potentially papers none of which I want to get wet!

Plus if it rains then my phone/wallet will go into my waterproofs, or in my leather jacket which is under my waterproofs, or into my waterproof textiles, so no issues there!

SamuraiTortoise

S

SamuraiTortoise

Just ridden home with my new R25. So comfortable I didn't even really feel it was there. Was carrying my laptop, which fits in the pocket snug, had trousers, hoodie, battery charger and some paperwork and although it felt heavy in my hand once on my back it felt it wasn't there. So glad I got it.

Might get a dry bag for the inside, maybe one for the laptop and one for the other stuff as above I ride every day through all weather and don't wont the risk of the laptop getting wet. Phone and wallet are in my pockets so they're safe anyway.

Would recommend, albeit quite expensive for a bag, but its worth every penny.

Soldato
The kriega bags do keep the weight off your shoulders really well, my R30 keeps it all on your chest, fully packed over 800 miles over the course of 2 days I had no shoulder ache at all from the bag.

Expensive, but worth every penny.

Soldato
Fine for if you just want to keep phone/wallet dry on a ride, but I ride into work every day with shoes, waterproofs, lunch box and potentially papers none of which I want to get wet!

Plus if it rains then my phone/wallet will go into my waterproofs, or in my leather jacket which is under my waterproofs, or into my waterproof textiles, so no issues there!

Loksak come in all shapes and sizes... Not just for a phone... I actually have my shotgun in one to keep the humidity out. (how about that for an odd size) So what i was suggesting, is get some larger ones, and use any old rucksack, saddle bags.. And you'll be guaranteed to keep it all bone dry.

Associate
I may have to look at some of these suggestions. At the moment I just use a laptop backpack. I rarely need to take the laptop on the bike so if it looks like it'll rain I just put my phone, wallet and any other electronics in a freezer bag first. I did look at the idea of tank bags as the other issue with a backpack on a hot day is a sweaty back. I'm guessing a waterproof bag would just keep the sweat on the jacket.... That that we've seen the sun this year for that to be an issue.

SamuraiTortoise

S

SamuraiTortoise

Got absolutely pee'd on riding home yesterday, most of my kit held up except my waterproof gloves got soaked, I think due to them being outside the jacket on not inside the sleeves so the rain ran down my arms into gloves - note for future! But, the R25 was bone dry when I got home, laptop was nice and dry which was a huge relief as I haven't managed to get any dry sacks yet. Despite it staying dry I think I'll still get a dry bag for the laptop for peace of mind but it really held up well and stayed bone dry in a 40 minute torrential downpour.

Soldato
I got one, my third one. No, not waterproof. If it tips it down, **** will get wet.

Note, if the bag is new/ish it will be fine. But if old and hasn't been treated. The above still stands.

Buy a small seal bag for the inside. Done.

Back
Top Bottom