Labour frontbencher Diane Abbott "coloured".

Permabanned
Tbh that was a bit childish, and actually irrelevant to the thread, apologies.

Good grief man, (I assume you mean I enjoyed it?) as if I am going to be upset about that banter, but thank you, absolutely no need to apologise though :)

In those days, BTW, I doubt anyone would have reported it, and fewer would have listened. It was "part of growing up". We all used to take the whatsit out of them.

Soldato
Nah, then you get people saying "We're the same race - the human race" and being offended that you implied they were a lesser race.

It happens; I've seen it.

You can't refer to anyone as anything any more.

Soon on crimewatch it will be "The police are looking for a person" and that's all you will have to go off :D

Caporegime
I was going to say that this Red Dwarf scene is a look to the future but it's more or less crept up on everyone and is already here:

Criticism = offending = hate speech.

The problem is so many people go along with it.

Soldato
Do aliens still have to pay tax though?

Also "Ex-transgender man", I'm confused now. That is obviously a women's body structure though.

Soldato
Just watched a video clip of miz A-bot in parliament- what a nasty evil looking woman she is - God help anyone who tried to rape her.

I am straight white English christian.

Soldato
'Person' likely refers to any sentient entity capable of exhibiting a personality.
"A person is a being that has certain capacities or attributes such as reason, morality, consciousness or self-consciousness, and being a part of a culturally established form of social relations such as kinship, ownership of property, or legal responsibility"

It has nothing to do with race, species, colour, gender, fashion sense, preferred mobile phone supplier, or even which is their favourite New Kid On The Block.

person
/ˈpəːs(ə)n/

noun
  1. 1.
    a human being regarded as an individual.
    "the porter was the last person to see her prior to her disappearance"
    synonyms: human being, individual, man/woman, human, being, living soul, soul, mortal, creature, fellow; More

2. 2.
    GRAMMAR
    a category used in the classification of pronouns, possessive determiners, and verb forms, according to whether they indicate the speaker first person, the addressee second person, or a third party third person.

Shocking bigotry and xenophobia on display. (extra terrestrial) Aliens aren't 'people' and to call them as such is alien erasure!

Wikipedia is know for being maliciously edited by hoaxers and the only accessible link from wiki refers to personhood in the context of 'anthropological work /perspectives' I. E the study of humankind.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Its baffling how today anyone still feels the need to refer to someones colour as a descriptor.

In the case of Diane Abbott instead of being described as a black woman, it would have been far more appropriate to describe her as an ignorant, racist, thick as pig muck hateful fat hag who is only where she is because she used to lunch on Corbyns genitals.

Just had to quote this, the laugh was so good. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom