Large increase in migrant workers.

Permabanned
Large increase in migrant workers but UK unemployment rises.

The number of jobs occupied by people born outside the UK grew by almost 300,000 over the three months to June, while the number of UK-born people in employment fell by 50,000, new figures reveal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...igrant-workers-but-UK-unemployment-rises.html

I am confused, we keep hearing that there are no jobs out there when it appears clearly not to be the case.

Why can immigrants find work yet the natives can't?

Lack of Skills is highlighted in the article.
I also expect below or minimum wage jobs dont "pay as much" as living on a basic benefits package.

Because people are "too good or * job" and want to be paid £10 for doing nothing.

The migrants have a completely different work ethic along the lines of "any job equals money coming in, and I like money coming in", employers also like the migrants because they can often get away with paying them as little as possible, under minimum wage in some cases.

It's for this reason that you should disregard the opinions of people who whinge about how all the immigrants are stealing "our" jobs, because they're clearly don't know what they're talking about. If anything it's the fault of some greedy employers employing people they know will work for less than the national minimum wage.

Lack of Skills is highlighted in the article.
I also expect below or minimum wage jobs dont "pay as much" as living on a basic benefits package.

This, because the Labour Government bought the scumbag section of the electorate with tax payers money through non sustainable benefits packages while giving these scum the impression that it was ok to sit at home, watch Jeremy Kyle and squeeze out a few chavies all at the expense of the hard working tax payer thus giving them a self assured sense of entitlement with no responsibility.

Welcome to modern Britain where it is more profitable to sit on your fat 10 sandwich eating arse than it is to go to work

This, because the Labour Government bought the scumbag section of the electorate with tax payers money through non sustainable benefits packages while giving these scum the impression that it was ok to sit at home, watch Jeremy Kyle and squeeze out a few chavies all at the expense of the hard working tax payer thus giving them a self assured sense of entitlement with no responsibility.

Welcome to modern Britain where it is more profitable to sit on your fat 10 sandwich eating arse than it is to go to work

One could also argue that the free movement of labour throughout Europe created this situation too because without the cheap source the situation you highlight could not have been created.

I think they should execute Jeremy Kyle before reforming the welfare state this much we can agree on.

I imagine it's largely down to the fact that many of the unemployed in the uk are joopy joopy ma joob. Joopyjoopy joob, joopy joop, joobie joopy joob.

The current government's solution to this skills gap seems to be tripling the price of higher education and slashing the number of Masters and PhD places. :(

The effect of the minimum wage which has created the arbitrage.

I was quite shocked recently at this reality when I paid a visit to a gym in Chelmsford. Each morning outside was a group of 20 or so workers waiting to be picked up for work. All migrants waiting to to be picked up for causual labour work.

This, plus they come with less tattoos, better education and manners.

Hmmm. I would argue about manners and tattoo's.

The issue is that employers will target the cheapest, most motivated and easiest to workforce to take advantage of. That happens to be foreign workers, who will work harder for less and have little or no idea of their employment rights, rarely join unions, work overtime at unenhanced rates, and are generally cheaper to employ.

This is not unique to this country either, all the richer European countries are having similar issues including Germany, Italy and France.

The current government's solution to this skills gap seems to be tripling the price of higher education and slashing the number of Masters and PhD places. :(

I think that's a ploy to artificially increase the value of degrees, PhDs and Masters because they were "too accessible" before.

Back
Top Bottom