laser 3d budget £750. gaming build spec advice

OS and first flight sim installed (Condor2). The last build I did was in 2012 and I am amazed of how idiot proof/simpler it is to set up these days (Mobo/Win10 Pro USB/drivers etc). Also impressed with the cases cooling and size/design. My only negative on the case are the case screws...They are not flush and cheapens the case look imho.
Still got a few bits of software/updates and checks to do etc, but so far so good.

I ran a couple of tests at stock speeds/initial setup. Look ok?

https://imgur.com/7gtqoZq
https://imgur.com/s0io8XF
https://imgur.com/a/FEKQIvt

Thanks for all the help guys. Much appreciated! :)

PS Saved a bomb on OS by advice given in previous posts (Win10 Pro on USB stick). Thx!

Last edited:
2 years down the line already and I am very happy to report that this case has been (along with the components) solid as a rock with no issues whatsoever. I still love the fact that it looks so dam cool/insignificant/low key. The monitor has been fab as well and most prob the best bang for buck out off all the components.

I am toying with upgrading something in my case as a treat for when I go back to full time work in March onwards.
Do you think my trusty NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB gpu could do with an upgrade? Or anything else? Treatment for pc-upgrade ocd ? :)

Any increase in Gpu performance is always welcome for my flight sims etc.

Thanks again chaps!

Lazer3D LZ7 Mini-ITX
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB gpu
MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC (Socket AM4) Mini-ITX Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 Six Core 2600 3.90GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail
TeamGroup 480GB L5 Lite SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 3D NAND Solid State Drive
Team Group Vulcan T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Grey
Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 Low Profile CPU Cooler - 92mm
AOC Q3279VWFD8 32" 2560x1440 IPS 75Hz FREESYNC WideScreen LED Monitor
Big silent fan on case side

My system has been solid with no issues what so ever. Thx OC and friendly advice from members. After all these years, the case still makes me smile.
Just bought a 32gig ram upgrade: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...-3200mhz-dual-channel-kit-grey-my-0aj-tg.html
as I want to dabble into photo/video editing.
Also bought a 1T external ssd drive for this purpose.

Still pondering on Gpu potential upgrade. I would love to hear any thoughts on this.

Many thanks

Marc

https://img.overclockers.co.uk/medi...&fill-color=fff&q=70&fill=solid&w=1678&h=1678

- Lazer3D LZ7 XTD Upgrade Kit

Lazer3D LZ7 XTD Upgrade Kit looks interesting...​

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lazer3d-lz7-xtd-upgrade-kit-ca-06s-lz.html

My current specs:

Windows 10 Pro 64bit
3.40 GHz AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor
Team Group Vulcan Z T-Force 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU

32" 2560 x 1440 LCD monitor
Lazer3D LZ7 Mini-ITX Case
TeamGroup 480Gb SSD 2.5 SATA 6Gbps
1T SanDIsk extreme portable SSD

I'm thinking GPU/CPU upgrade time (I've just upgraded the ram to 32gig)...What do you chaps/ladies think?

Any idea where I can find info on Gpu's that fit/work with my motherboard/case?

Many thanks

Marc

PS Like mickyflinn said:
Case limitations for gpu which will restrict your options.

GPU: 1 x Dual Slot Full Height, Up to 186mm length, up to 131mm height

That kit will make gpu upgrades much easier allowing for dual slot gpu's with a max length 280mm.
Cheers mickyflinn, my thoughts as well (easier gpu upgrades). The only thing putting me off is the extra real-estate/goodbye mini pc. And would I also need a new mobo for it?
Either way It's great that they have come up with this solution.
I've got a £450 budget on upgrades.

Thanks for all your help along the way pal.

I don't think you need a new motherboard it just extends the case to accomadate the longer gpu.

For £75 Your in the realms of a new case you still can go mitx to accomadate your motherboard . There are plenty of options but yes it going to be bigger which may be the compromise.

I still think you should hold on unless struggling with gpu performance as there are 2 new gp u releases this year with massive performance gaings over latest gen.

Then maybe intel will have there act together with there gpu release, but there slacking big time.
Thanks again mickyflinn.
I think you are right regarding the holding on...thanks for the reality check :)

Interesting about the upcoming super-duper gpu's that potentially might be able handle everything thrown at it (high res and smooth fps, multiple screens, vr etc ) …The price point will be interesting and it should have a knock-down effect on the current kings of the crop. I look forwards to finding out a bit more about these gpu's/the tec behind them etc.

Cheers

Does anyone have advice on gpu upgrade? Seems like thd gtx gpu's haven't progressed much from my current one (?)

Many thanks

My specs:
Lazer3D LZ7 Mini-ITX
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB gpu
AMD Ryzen 5 Six Core 2600 3.90GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail
TeamGroup 480GB L5 Lite SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 3D NAND Solid State Drive
Team Group Vulcan T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Grey
Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 Low Profile CPU Cooler - 92mm
AOC Q3279VWFD8 32" 2560x1440 IPS 75Hz FREESYNC WideScreen LED Monitor

Well looked after second hand 6800 or XT to make sure you hit the 75htz refresh on the monitor.
Thanks dfour.
My case is limited in size, but I could get an upgrade kit for it to give more gpu space like

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]mickyflin[/COLOR]n said (?)

That kit will make gpu upgrades much easier allowing for dual slot gpu's with a max length 280mm.

I'd give myself a bit more breathing room asnd go for something like below which is atx3.0 compliant and will come with connection to 4000 series gpu if going that way. Seen it on offer away for similar price in stock but a promo code takes it dow to £134 incl free delivery...code is on the same page, just add at checkout

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £153.98 (includes delivery: £3.99)​
Many thanks for sound advice Craig!
I will defo invest in this psu.

I cant seem find that promo code (?)

Back
Top Bottom