Laser nose hair removal

Surprised nasal laser hair removal could be a thing. I've had laser hair removal before and it can be damned painful too and will require multiple treatments. TO get it to work in the first place though, you need to be able to trim the hair as close as possible. That way the laser can get into the follicle itself and do its thing. I'd imagine that would be quite tricky to accomplish in a nostril. Too long and the laser will just burn the surface hair. Plucking will be counterproductive too as you need the laser to get right into the roof of the follicle in order to kill it - if there is no hair there (i.e. dark pigmented hair), then it just won't work.

Is OP still alive? Did you try any of the suggestions posted?

Still alive!

I'm looking into rated local places that do it, I appreciate it'll be a few treatments and the "pain" part doesn't bother me so much should there be any. It's the ongoing super frequent consistency of dealing with it no matter what methods I've used, and if plucking is problematic I have to assume waxing is the same as it's yanking at the root in the same way. I'd rather a few painful sessions in a row with an end in sight as long as the costs aren't silly, which they surprisingly don't seem to be as I look.

I use one of these to keep my nose locks in check.

GPZqxRw.png

I have heard stories of lighters being lit underneath the nostril in Turkey, but I can't vouch for it personally.

Don't do this @ 1:58...

Last edited:
Yeah, I've heard that plucking is apparently dodgy.

I'm just sick of the things, it's apparently not that expensive either so I'm really considering it. As far as I'm aware, it doesn't remove the hairs inside of the nose as you need them. It's more the annoying little sods around the edge of the nostril that seem to grow at lightspeed.
Yeah nerve endings from the roots don't go via the central nervous system instead they're plugged directly into the brain which is only a short distance above apparently. Damn difficult to avoid the temptation though they're so irritating

I probably need my head examined for posting this in here, but it's the most middle aged male populated place I'm aware of on the internet.

Anyone had this done? My nose hair is getting really bad over the past few years, it picked up heavily in my early 30's and now I'm knocking on 40 it's ten times worse. Waxing is hell, plucking takes ages and isn't exactly pleasant, using a trimmer leaves it feeling bristly and uncomfortable for days afterwards and I'm needing to do it two-three times a week.

It's honestly driving me up the wall to the point I'm legitimately considering a more long term option.
Ew.

I thought hair in the nose was a significant element for filtering out crap from the air? Also the nose and the blood vessels there are very sensitive i'd be loathed to do any damage to them. Can't you just trim the hairs if they annoy you that much?

I thought hair in the nose was a significant element for filtering out crap from the air? Also the nose and the blood vessels there are very sensitive i'd be loathed to do any damage to them. Can't you just trim the hairs if they annoy you that much?

Pretty much this. I have had one of these for years. Does the job once a week.

Back
Top Bottom