Laser nose hair removal

Nose hairs are one type you shouldn't pluck as it'll open you to infection and it's a short ticket ride to your brain (so I read somewhere so it must be true lol).
Is that true? I've been doing the old tweeze and sneeze for years as otherwise I end up looking like the wolfman!

Is that true? I've been doing the old tweeze and sneeze for years as otherwise I end up looking like the wolfman!

I believe so, I google'd it and it' AI DoomBot had this to say:
  • Nasal furunculosis
    A deep infection of a hair follicle that can cause swelling and pain. In severe cases, the infection can spread to blood vessels that reach the brain, which can lead to cavernous sinus thrombosis. This condition occurs when blood clots form behind the eye sockets and can cause permanent brain damage if left untreated.

• Infections
    Plucking nose hairs can expose the pore to bacteria and germs that can cause infections. These infections can travel through the veins that drain the nose to the brain, potentially causing meningitis, brain abscesses, or cellulitis. In people with weaker immune systems, the veins can form a clot of infection that puts pressure on the brain, which can lead to paralysis or death.
So yeah, there's that!

Back
Top Bottom