Last piece of Tech that made you go "WOW!!"?

Associate
Original iPhone- still love my 8plus but probably will swap the team over for my next one.

SSD, the 1st Gen Vertex 50gb? Installed it a week after my first build. Couldn’t believe the difference in write and boot speeds. Even dragged a uni mate out of his room to show him.

4K monitor. It blew me away and it has breathed life into games I’ve previously completed.

Sennheiser pc360 headset. The sound quality, along just completely wowed me.

Permabanned
The main thing that got me, was the micro sd card. I mean 128gb of storage in such a small item. :eek::D:eek:;)
Around 2001 I bought a digital camera with a 1GB "micro drive", which was revolutionary because it was big enough to store a useful amount of video.
Then around 2004 I bought a 1GB USB stick, that was a big deal, think it cost about £50.

Soldato
8800GTS - I adored that card and it gave me hours of World of Warcraft and Dawn of War at uni, drinking beer, eating pizza and watching comedy box sets with my mates when we weren’t out at the union or at a club or something.

I’m now a married man with a two year old kid who I adore and.......... Christ things were so much simpler and dare I say it better back then.

Associate
Icon Platform M+. It's an audio controller with fully motorised faders for live mixing your sound whilst video editing.

Have been using it in Premiere and absolutely loving it :)

Soldato
Wasn't certain it would, but the first time I watched something in HDR on my TV I was very impressed, then when I changed from HDR on , to off and back to on again, the obvious difference in the picture did make me go wow.

Associate
I think people have (rightly) been made very skeptical of HDR by the farce that is 3D.

It's a shame really, as once you see good HDR is really is great. Problem is manufactures don't help themselves with all the 8-bit panels around

Soldato
SSD and GSync have been the biggest game changers for me over the last 10 years. Sure, CPUs and GPUs keep getting quicker, but I've never had the "how did I not have one of these before?" moments like I did when I got my first SSD and GSync.

Associate
Hardware that made me go wow,

Well that was over 10 years ago, you see i got this ethernet card and it doubled my broadband speed you see i was with NTL (now virgin media) on their 128k package and what i got was 256k download speed so that made me go wow.

Also htc u sonic iem (earbuds) on the htc u11 with the usonic feature.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom