Last piece of Tech that made you go "WOW!!"?

Soldato
ATI 9800xt very good card and lasted me till I got a x1900xtx.
SSD nice improvement from a wd black HDD.
19" 1080 to a 27" 1440 I was amazed. I'm now at a 34" 3440x1440 and that was really nice.
PlayStation 1 final fantasy 7 and 8 and 9
Went in Curry's and saw an oled LG TV, was gobsmacked and I want one, too expensive for me though.
My first smartphone and current was a nexus 6, I came from a cheap 20 quid phone that could play snake.
Seeing Shogun 2 demo for the first time.

Caporegime
Mr surface book 2.
Got it a couple of weeks ago. One piece of aluminium, magnetic connector, screen that comes off and can be flipped round. Lovely.

Associate
The PS3, and with it the opportunity to game online for the first time. As a teenager I was fascinated at the fact that I can be playing with someone on the other side of the world.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I suppose an SSD. I came late to the party and had been using a Velociraptor up to getting an Evo 840. The first boot had me impressed. Recommended SSDs to friends straight after who upgraded and we're also impressed by the speed difference.

Soldato
My Amiga A500 at the end of the 80's.
I'd been gaming on a Spectrum 128k+2 until then, and the difference was incredible.

Another World was certainly an apt title.

Yep the Amiga in the eighties was a leap forward, but they also stalled after that.

Quantum leaps forward I can think of would be dual core - giant leap in speed over previous single core chips. Also SSD is beyond anything previous, add to any laptop should be obvious by now
Found this thread looking for good earphone experiences as I imagine the differences in quality is vast especially at the budget end

Back
Top Bottom