• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Layte's super-duper 480SLI Benchmark-O-rama!

I would try and keep to max 8XAA, so any ATI benchers can compare like for like.

Doesn't that sort of defeat the whole point of benching at 1920x1200 with more than one card. Surely 16xAA should be included even if it has to be forced in the drivers. This will show how big a hit the frames take when the AA is whacked up. Invaluable data if someone is looking for max eyecandy.

32xAA should also be included even if its only applicable to nvidia owners.

Yeah the OP is hoping to compare to xfire rigs, fine run more AA but it does not help with comparisons to ATI xfire benchmarks.

In fact it would be very interesting to see benchmarks with 32xAA applied and compared to his current tests, so if Layte would like to do the same benchmarks with 32xAA that would be a good read.

Last edited:
Yea, lets do the like for like for the time being. Then I can turn up the settings to make the 1GB cards cry in the corner. :p

Be nice if we could all stop having pops at individuals and welcome the time people put in to provide results for comparison.

btw, stunned how low the fps is for original crysis. Almost like they deliberately slow the cards/game down so they can claim its tough lol ;-)

I dunno, a momentary minimum of 35fps in a very graphically intensive scene while running at 1920x1200 with 8xAA sound pretty darned good to me. We all know that the lolconsoles are going to struggle to get 30fps in the sequel while only having to hit 720p.

Crysis is still the best looking game out there IMO, and yeah the harbor bench is a real hard one for any GFX card setup, it's actual gameplay and not some lame fly-through so above 60 FPS average is very decent, shame we have no xfire to compare to as of yet.

Yea, lets do the like for like for the time being. Then I can turn up the settings to make the 1GB cards cry in the corner. :p

Ati's 2gb cards are hardly any different. Their memory usage is rather good meaning only in the most extreme situations the 2 gig models show any advantage. We're talking 5760x1200 w/ 4-8x aa in the latest titles at max settings.

Doesn't that sort of defeat the whole point of benching at 1920x1200 with more than one card. Surely 16xAA should be included even if it has to be forced in the drivers. This will show how big a hit the frames take when the AA is whacked up. Invaluable data if someone is looking for max eyecandy.

32xAA should also be included even if its only applicable to nvidia owners.
Then it would seem you've missed the point of a cross brand comparison. You run at the same settings, no forcing anything.

As for consoles, most games don't even run at 720p, they just upscale. MW2 runs at 600p.

Then it would seem you've missed the point of a cross brand comparison. You run at the same settings, no forcing anything.

I do understand but I still think it would be nice to include higher levels of AA even if they are not used in the final conclusion. The more data the better and data on 16xAA would be very helpful to members trying to decide which setup to go for. Especially as this is multi top end cards at 1920x1200. :)

Last edited:
By that logic we might as well include 2560x1600 and/or tri screen results too.

As those with enough for 2/3x 480's/5870's will surely enough to blow on high end screen(s)? No? :p

By that logic we might as well include 2560x1600 and/or tri screen results too.

As those with enough for 2/3x 480's/5870's will surely enough to blow on high end screen(s)? No? :p

I totally agree. Mutli display and 2560x1600 benchmarks would also be very handy for those that have these displays. The more data the better. :)

I can bench my system as well today, its currently at 4.2ghz whilst i'm getting 4.4 stable so will be pretty like for like.

Can do:

Stalker: Call of Pripyat
Street Fighter IV
Resident Evil 5
Dirt 2
Crysis

Don't own Warhead or Just Cause 2 - does that have its own standalone bench tool?

what kind of gains are you getting from 480 SLI at that res over single card?

do you have the same benchmarks on a single card?

i too can benchmark at 2560x1600, 480 sli, if you tell me what benchmarks to run, i did run the final fantasy 14 official benchmark yesterday, maybe that could be a test everyone could run. it only runs at 1920 though.

also i am going to a lan tomorrow and my m8 has the exact same mb/ cpu / overclock as me but he has a 5970 instead of 480's, i could run a test on his too if needed.

Back
Top Bottom