• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Layte's super-duper 480SLI Benchmark-O-rama!

Associate
Ok same settings this time @2560x1600

CPU Bench Avarage:19.97
GPU Bench avarage:19.63

Didant even bother running the CPU 2 Bench

Associate
OP
I'd just like to remind people that I would be happy to do any BFBC2 tests if somebody has a spare code lying around. ;)

Soldato
OK done some tests as had some free time, all run @ 4.2ghz and the 5970 @ 900/1200:

Stalker - Call of Pripyat

COP.JPG

Street Fighter IV:

SFIV.jpg

Crysis:

crysis.JPG

Dirt2:

I couldn't get a screenshot of this, came out black so guessing some sort of overlay on the top, however got the following results

Frames: 8322
Average FPS: 96.2
Minimum FPS: 76.8

Associate
OP
First post updated with some single card numbers.

Also, given the lack of any tri-fire numbers. I am calling this a total whitewash for the GTX480 SLI setup. :)

Soldato
First post updated with some single card numbers.

Also, given the lack of any tri-fire numbers. I am calling this a total whitewash for the GTX480 SLI setup. :)

I would change the title of the thread if it was meant to be a TRI 5870 CF v SLI 480.

And i would imagine many of the 5870 & 5970 users are all benched out seeing how long they have had them for.

Try looking back & find some TRI benches.

Last edited:
Associate
OP

I would change the title of the thread if it was meant to be a TRI 5870 CF v SLI 480.

And i would imagine many of the 5870 & 5970 users are all benched out seeing how long they have had them for.

Try looking back & find some TRI benches.

Well surely they could post some results then if they are all benched out, sounds like they would have results to spare. Perhaps the guy who liked to repeatedly mention how much faster his tri-fire setup was than any 480SLI system could put his money where his mouth is. I asked time and time again for tri-fire owners to post results, especially those who liked to go on about how much faster they were. I'd like the numbers to be posted, even if it shows my setup to be slower. At least we would have an answer then, instead of the constant sniping that occurs at present.

Until then I'm calling this a performance win for the green team.

Edit: Oh and I did look for tri-fire benchmarks but the only ones I found were Vantage, Haven and AvP. All of which you trashed. Hence this thread and an open call as to what tests to run.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Hi
I have not bottled it...
Haven't been on my tri fire rig in 3 days 0.0

I'm doing the tests tomoz when I have free time

What games and benches do I need to do?

Bare in mind my i7 is limited to 4ghz

Associate
OP
Hey.

Take a look at the first post and try a few of those. If you want to do some other tests please feel free. If I can run them as well then more the merrier. The more hard numbers we have then the better for anyone looking at buying a high end setup.

Back
Top Bottom