Le Mans 2018

Associate
That driving from the 91 Porsche was ridiculously dangerous. Should be disqualified.

Why did they introduce all of these pit stops? I think an endurance race should be just that and you should complete the distance any way you can.

Man of Honour
I'm with the RLM guys here...
The rules must be worse written than the F1 regs for it to have top engineers not knowing.

Penalising people for going further in an endurance race... If you could slow down and gain a lap or two in the stint and not put your position in jepardy, why should you be penalisied.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I must admit, I wasn't expecting too much this year but I have been very surprised and some great racing overall but its has been the GTE field which has been the real treasure this year.

Congratulations to Toyota for the overall victory and also "Truffle Hunter" (Porsche).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I think Patrick Dempsey was happy...
Or insane....

Good job Toyota. You've had crappy luck here, but you've done it. Now you need to do it again.

Caporegime
Really enjoying the last 5 hours I have watched

Anybody every been? Might look at it next year

I went in the early 00's (can't remember the exact date {it was the year the Audi A2 launched} Edit:Upon further investigation it was 2003.) and I went on a coach trip with my God Father who organised the trip and load of other guys.

It was simply amazing! We ended up camping on the coach park right by the track and played football against a load of Germans (one looked like Rudi Völler) and it was such a great and friendly atmosphere. The starting grid was amazing with the Panoz GTR cars literally making your insides shake with the engine sounds. As the sunset and the nighttime began it came alive and felt like a totally different race, watching them race at night was amazing and so much more exciting than seeing it on TV. For the end of the race we managed to get a space on the chicane leading to the start/finish straight and it was the best motor racing experience I have ever had.

I plan on taking my family there in the next year or two, if you love motorsport it really is something you have to do.

Soldato
if you love motorsport it really is something you have to do.

Very much so, I describe it as a like a music festival but with cars instead of music. For us it's a 5 day event with a day to drive each way and 3 days there but the journey there and back is also part of the event. I have little interest in watching most motorsports events live as it just cars going round and round but Le Mans is something else.

Back
Top Bottom