*** League of Legends ***

Associate
I've got some LoL questions, and seems best to post here rather than a new thread.

I've never played LoL, but my son (aged 9) wants to start playing. What do people think about this?

I've mainly got concerns about the community... he's been watching YouTube videos and is telling me the he will only play against AI Bots and will turn off chat, but I have a feeling that he will want to move onto PvP matches, and I guess chat is needed for a team game.

I'd appreciate some honest and balanced opinions on this.

Definitely disable the chat. Even Bot games can get a little heated if you run into the wrong people, although it's nowhere near as bad as PvP. LoL has a pretty good ping/signal system, so disabling chat isn't the end of the world: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752974-Smart-Ping

Does he have any friends that might want to play it with him? Or maybe you yourself?

Associate
I've got some LoL questions, and seems best to post here rather than a new thread.

I've never played LoL, but my son (aged 9) wants to start playing. What do people think about this?

I've mainly got concerns about the community... he's been watching YouTube videos and is telling me the he will only play against AI Bots and will turn off chat, but I have a feeling that he will want to move onto PvP matches, and I guess chat is needed for a team game.

I'd appreciate some honest and balanced opinions on this.

As someone who has played for 5 years now, the community can flame you pretty hard, I mean I can just ignore it. If there is a way to disable the chat you should do it, as far as I know you can only mute players on your own team, you can disable all chat though.

Associate
At the end of a game, how can i praise some awesome playesrs? i really wanted to but couldn't find where.
someone said the green box top right but i cant see it

Last edited:
Soldato
Just looked at how long it's been since I started playing. All the way back in August 2010 :o (Galio release was when I started) and I've spent a grand total of £26, god I'm tight :D

Taken a hiatus this year playing other things but think I'm ready to get back into it.

Associate
At the end of a game, how can i praise some awesome playesrs? i really wanted to but couldn't find where.
someone said the green box top right but i cant see it

In the lobby at the end of the game to the far right of their name in the top right corner there is a thumbs up icon (I think) click that and it gives you various options.

Stoner81.

Soldato
What do people think of the changes to jungle & assassins?

I started playing again a month or so ago (not played for 2 years+) & found jungle to be fun with all the smite buffs etc, not really liking the new changes :(

Seems like the new plants that allow you to jump walls can be really buggy :(

Also some weird things happening with some assassin skills like there is a delay/bug

Last edited:
Permabanned
New Ali is really good I think. He exists for his combo and he still has that. Now he can just do more than block skillshots and wait around for pulv to come off CD.

Nerfing his ult was almost a deal-breaker for me, but now I can't even zone because my heal is some passive bs.

Plus, Ardent Cleanser was so OP on Ali and now it's useless.

Soldato
This season is the most disconnected I've been from League since 2011. Fewest games played in the last couple of months, not paying attention to patches or watching any streams. I wonder if I'll even be able to hit diamond again this season.

It's WoW's fault.

Associate
This season is the most disconnected I've been from League since 2011. Fewest games played in the last couple of months, not paying attention to patches or watching any streams. I wonder if I'll even be able to hit diamond again this season.

It's WoW's fault.

Ive been playing a lot of D3 this patch due to the disconnections!

Back
Top Bottom