LED Bulb Thread

Associate
Went with 20x 6.5W LED GU10 Bulb, 3000K, 480lm - VT-247 110° slightly less bright but they do the job and the spread is ok.
couldn't bring myself to pay Phillips prices which don't last much longer in my sockets anyway.

Soldato
Looking to replace a fluorescent T8 29"/720mm(735mm with pins) with a led tube equivalent as I'd rather change the tube than the whole fitting.

Does anyone if these are available as I can't find any?

Last edited:
Soldato
What smart lighting do you guys use?

I'm looking to pick up some smart bulbs for 4 lamps (2 in my lounge, 1 in my study, 1 in my bedroom), a light strip over my desk, and a colour changing lamp or two to put behind the TV (I don't care about it syncing with what's on the screen, I'm just after some gentle background lighting).

Is Hue the way to go, or are any of the cheaper alternatives close to being as user friendly? I can't be bothered to faff too much with it to save a bit of cash.

Soldato
For ambient lights etc Govee are good. They have probably the best ambient lamps and LED strips etc.

The moment you get into proper room lights and controls, I'd suggest Hue is the way to go.

Note: All the lights (lamps, LED strip underlights, GU10s, outdoor spot lights, and even the smart plugs for my decking lights) are Hue, bar one Govee LED strip in my daughters room.

Last edited:
Soldato
For ambient lights etc Govee are good. They have probably the best ambient lamps and LED strips etc.

The moment you get into proper room lights and controls, I'd suggest Hue is the way to go.

Note: All the lights (lamps, LED strip underlights, GU10s, outdoor spot lights, and even the smart plugs for my decking lights) are Hue, bar one Govee LED strip in my daughters room.
Cheers! I'm presuming that using both Govee and Hue means you end up with two different apps? Or do you just hook them both up to Alexa or similar and deal with them through that? Is it pretty seamless?

Soldato
Cheers! I'm presuming that using both Govee and Hue means you end up with two different apps? Or do you just hook them both up to Alexa or similar and deal with them through that? Is it pretty seamless?
Each has their own app.

Typically devices/scenes are available to Alexa so Alexa can control them easily. Only issue might be to do anything particularly clever involving both with a single Alexa routine (possibly beyond turning on/off).

ps: When I say "Alexa dinner time" my daughter's LED strip flashes on/off red and green half a dozen times slowly :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom