Poll: Left a jacket potato in the air fryer 24 hours ago.. Would you eat it?

Eat the potatio?

• Total voters
Caporegime
Yes.. RIP
Yes.. You'll be fine
No.. you're gross
Potato pancake

So I put my jacket potato in yesterday for lunch and obviously forgot to eat it.
I go to make one today and find a cold potato in the tray.

Obviously I have already eaten this. I don't like waste!

But I was wondering.. Would you?

Edit. It is possible it's 2 days old. But unlikely.

Last edited:
My logic would be it's probably fine, because it will have been cooked thoroughly the first time around, and very little airflow to bring more germs in assuming the door stayed closed. Also jacket potatoes have a decent skin to protect them.

At the same time it might not taste as good as a fresh one, especially once you've reheated it so I'd be tempted to do a new one :p

Last edited:
But I was wondering.. Would you?

Edit. It is possible it's 2 days old. But unlikely.
Lets face it, it's a potato that was cooked hot enough to kill any bacteria, no bacteria will survives in an airfryer thats not been opened since it was cooked?

surely it's a sterile environment? Google says mould spores can survive up to 60c

You know when you open a jar of jam, and it's got mould on it.

that mould wasn't already inside the jar waiting to grow, its gone in with the air particles in your room.
that's why old people would just scrape of the mould and not care, the mould is only on the surface level.

The potato and the environment it was stored in were surely heat sterilized from the cooking, unless you opened the air fryer between the time it finished cooking and now, then surely the odds are it's safe to eat.

Don't sue me if you get Ill. you already ate it anyway so my logic doesn't impact on your decision.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom