Poll: Left a jacket potato in the air fryer 24 hours ago.. Would you eat it?

Eat the potatio?

• Total voters
Probably it'll be fine. However, if on this rare occasion it turns out to not be fine, then it'll be not fine in a big way - botulinum toxin. For a 50p potato, personally, I'd rather bin it.

You know when you open a jar of jam, and it's got mould on it.

that mould wasn't already inside the jar waiting to grow, its gone in with the air particles in your room.
that's why old people would just scrape of the mould and not care, the mould is only on the surface level.

The mould probably wouldn't kill you anyway (not medical advice) buuuut mould isn't just what you see, it has strands going through the food by the time you see it on the surface.

:eek:

The mould probably wouldn't kill you anyway (not medical advice) buuuut mould isn't just what you see, it has strands going through the food by the time you see it on the surface.
I avoid mouldy food and wouldn't do it.

you probably get natural immunity from childhood and doing it life long.

I'm pretty sure I've made a few sandwiches in my lifetime, and not noticed the bread had started to grow mould though..

We must be breathing in bacteria and mould spores all the time, most of it must be harmless to us

If you clean your phones screen, then leave it on the side for 5 mins, take a really close up macro pic, loads of crap has probably already landed on the phone.

same thing is landing on your food as you eat it.

unless you live inside a clean room then your likely eating dust, skin particles, tiny pieces of hair, bits of lint and other micro fabrics/plastics.

probably more than a few dust mites and other living things too.

Last edited:

Symptoms of botulism​

The time it takes to develop symptoms can vary from a few hours to several days after exposure to the Clostridium botulinum bacteria or their toxins.

Depending on the exact type of botulism, some people initially have symptoms such as feeling sick, being sick (vomiting), stomach cramps, diarrhoea or constipation.

Without treatment, botulism eventually causes paralysis that spreads down the body from the head to the legs.

Symptoms can include:

On borrowed time

new fangled - yes - they fry the owners brains too (don't tell the ird) and they become part of the collective.

Really need to get a combination microwave for good jacket potatoes.

Lets face it, it's a potato that was cooked hot enough to kill any bacteria, no bacteria will survives in an airfryer thats not been opened since it was cooked?
not sure potatoes aren't like rice ? where the bacteria are resilient and multiply quickly if left at room temperature after cooking - refrigerate or die.

Back
Top Bottom