Legal system at it's best...

Soldato
OP
fishier than an anglers y-fronts.
She would have had to be charged, evidence (statements) collected and the file forwarded to the CPS for a decision. Generally, for a low priority case like this I would assume a couple of months worth of her making bail appearances at the local Police station while the case was being dealt with. That and the fact that the Police would not have had a duty Solicitor waiting for her at the station because she may not have voluntarily appeared after the phone call (the call may very well have happened) and as I understand it the Police would still have to pay.

I too cannot believe someone can be 'processed' in such a short time, but for all intents and purposes I'm talking to an educated/honest man who has now spent some time with the lady in question (his nanny) and is bewildered at the outcome/treatment...

If more information comes forwards I'll post it... Because as far as I'm concerned this is what happened... And I'm aghast as any of you...

Permabanned
LOL! A spelling correction to make it incorrect.. Class!

Easy way to remember - "It's" is short for "it is".

Great you might want to get your title edited then; it was "its best" that I meant to put. As it happens, "its source" makes perfect sense, in the context of "give me its source, because your OP smells like BS and you've nothing to back it up."

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Great you might want to get your title edited then; it was "its best" that I meant to put. As it happens, "it's source" makes perfect sense, in the context of "give me its source, because your OP smells like BS and you've nothing to back it up."

LOL! Serves me right :)

As for "it's source", it is wrong. It should be "its source" - Swap "it's" for "it is" and see if it sounds right:-
- Give me its source.
- Give me it is source.

It's east to get its spelling wrong.

As for you're final comment... Sorry, as BS as it sounds, as far as I know - and I trust my colleague completely - it's the honest truth. Hopefully more details will come forward. Personally I hope it does turn out to be BS and some miscommunication somewhere (which I find hard to believe) as it sounds just mad! But as far as I'm concerned at the moment it's true.

Caporegime
The Daily Mail is the most anti-police paper going and will likely blame everything on them, including 9/11. It is the most worthless arsewipe of a paper in existence, closely followed by The Guardian.

Exactly even if the story is total bs (which it sounds like) they'll still print it pay her £1k, then in 3 weeks time print a 3 line retraction on page 8.

Soldato
This just wouldnt happen. My guess is the nanny is spinning a yarn to your work mate. I would be seriously checking the nanny out with the police right now. Could be she has been prosecuted for something else and has finally been charged and is using this story as a cover. Or she could have taken the money. This just doesnt stack up.

Last edited:
Associate
My take on it is the police just wanted it out of the way, the solicitor probably just wanted it out of the way, and every one just ticked the boxes to get the job done asap?

Just to clear up a common misconception. For over 20 years the Crown Prosecution Service have been the ultimate arbiter as to whether or not a case is run in a Court of law - not the Police.

For the last few years the CPS have even taken over the direction of the investigtion in a lot of cases - they look at the evidence the Police have in their posession, review it, and then instruct the Officer in the case to go back and take additional statements etc.

The CPS also authorise what charges are going to be laid against the individual/s (there are some matters where the Police can decide but they tend to be fairly minor).

There even exists an out of hours CPS service during the night and at weekends where Officers can ring them up, send them details of the evidence etc., and then get a quick reply as to what to do.

In your friends Nannys case I would have hoped that the CPS were consulted and given the facts. I find it highly unlikely that given the circumstances - ie the Nanny being a complainant in a Robbery, who fought back using reasonable force to prevent her attackers from hurting her and perhaps getting away - that the CPS would have then authorised a charge of Assault against the Nanny - the case would not have faced up to close scrutiny if that were the case.

I strongly suspect that either the Nanny isn't being entirely truthful? or perhaps due to her limited grasp of English - the real story has been lost in translation?

Soldato
OP
This just wouldnt happen. My guess is the nanny is spinning a yarn to your work mate. I would be seriously checking the nanny out with the police right now. Could be she has been prosecuted for something else and has finally been charged and is using this story as a cover. Or she could have taken the money. This just doesnt stack up.

Believe this has been done... ie: They've spoken to the police station. Infact while she was being held my colleague and his wife tried to go in to assist her, but in the end were turned away - even though they could help with the interpretation - because they were not relatives.

So they got from the station, first hand, the story/charge(s).

I absolutely concur it sounds pretty amazing/unbelievable, but can you see (eg: from what I've just posted above) how it seems to be true? I've looked for holes myself, and there don't seem to be any!

Soldato
The nanny spent the rest of the day in a cell and was let out in the evening understanding it was a closed case - all done!
So are you saying that they didn't take a statement under caution from her? If, during that time, they didn't take her in to another room for an interview then there's your bit that doesn't make ANY sense. They didn't think that it was worth getting a statement for her, yet passed it on to the CPS?

To be honest most of the tale does not stack up to me, but then criminal law is not my forte.

Soldato
I absolutely concur it sounds pretty amazing/unbelievable, but can you see (eg: from what I've just posted above) how it seems to be true? I've looked for holes myself, and there don't seem to be any!
You can't see any holes in the story...? LOLWUT

murdershewrote.jpg

Quick... someone call Aunt Jessica!

Back
Top Bottom