Leicester Owner's Helicopter Crashed outside stadium

Caporegime
HOpefully it was a onboard fire, they land and get out then the thing is on fire. If it just straight up smashed into the ground... not good. By the sounds of it it's basically Leicester owner and family/friends take it after each game to go home so that's who will presumably have been in it when it crashed.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
The reporting on sky sports news doesn’t sound good from the witness reports, burst into flames on impact apparently and potentially in the staff car park :(

Associate
The photo does show it looking fairly intact, but that's not a controlled crash landing, so I would imagine not much warning for passengers and crew.
I very much doubt that people got out of that due to the severity of the impact before the avtur ignited.
I hope I'm wrong, but having worked in Aviation for last 11 years, I doubt it :(

Caporegime
The report on the BBC makes it sound not good.

Sky Sports News reporter Rob Dorsett said the helicopter took off from the pitch, as it does after every game.

He said that after a few seconds it appeared to lose control and crashed into the car park just a few hundred metres away.

One witness said it appeared "the tail propeller wasn't, working putting it into a spin".

Freelance photographer Ryan Brown was covering the game and saw the helicopter clear the King Power stadium before it crashed.

He told 5 Live: "Literally the engine stopped and I turned around, and it made a bit of a whirring noise.

"It turned silent, blades started spinning and then there was a big bang."

He said when he ran to the scene "there was a huge fireball" and it looked like the helicopter had crashed in an industrial park next to the stadium.

You’d have thought they would straight up say if the owner was safe or not as they would know who was in it, hopefully they are all OK.

Back
Top Bottom