Leicester Owner's Helicopter Crashed outside stadium

Man of Honour
Was thinking this, bodies will need to be identified before they officially confirm deaths.

From the aftermath pictures the way the scene has been setup and preserved doesn't look good (not that any of it does) - you don't normally see those efforts unless there was either fatalities or they had to work on someone extensively at the scene.

Associate
The best owner we could have ever wished for. After the game yesterday I got back to my car and as usual turned radio leicester on to hear the post match analysis, and Ian Stringer, our commentator, was waiting for his interview with Puel, he made a remark about the helicopter, something along the lines of "just the groundsmen on the turf right now with the owner's helicopter, and I must say it looks absolutely gleaming." He's said similar before on occassion but this particular time it really made me visualise it and now it just seems a bit haunting with what has happened.

Vichai and his son are the best owner's we have ever had. They won us the premier league and turned our dreams into reality but more than that they have generously given to our city, and community, numerous donations in the millions of pounds towards local charities, hospitals and causes, and many many generosities we haven't heard of. On Vichai's birthday he'll always give out free beer and food for every fan on match day and things like that to. We absolutely love him. Such a tragic thing to have happened. Hoping for the best but it doesn't look good :(

Can only echo the following, couldn't put it better myself. I'm only 29 but I have been a city fan since I can remember & have been attending home games for well over 20 years.

What happened last night has really had an affect on me today, sadly I couldn't make it down to the ground to pay respects but a lot of my friends did - if it's still open to pay respects I will be doing so all being well after work early on Tuesday morning. I also spoke with my Dad today who lives in Thailand (I was there visiting him when we won the title in 2016... great memories), besides him being shocked about last nights events - the people of Thailand are also mourning the potential loss of a great man who has come from a well respected family.

It's not everyday that we come across well liked club owners such as Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha. I don't think I've ever come across another in my lifetime yet who has gone to great lengths to show how much the club means to him, the people who make it work but especially the clubs fans too. If what we are fearing the worst turns out to be true, he will never be forgotten & will hold a great legacy.

Liam.

Associate
I will be honest, hadn't heard a great amount about him before the crash. Obviously aware of Leicesters success but reading all the articles that are starting to come out and a couple of Leicester supporters who have already posted on this forum it sounds like a very decent chap who contributed a lot to the sport and local communities.

RIP to all the families who have been affected by this incident.

Associate
I have sent the Leicester statement To all my work colleagues who are Thai. They are a very nice and kind people. I am very sorry what has happened.

Pez

Pez

Soldato
You can see just how much it’s affecting those from the football community. Kammy was interviewed on GMB this morning and was clearly upset talking about it, saying it’s the hardest interview he’s ever done.

Back
Top Bottom