Lenovo Legion 5 Pro

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I put a cancellation request through and reordered with the RGB keyboard. The Unidays50 code didn't work but this time when ordering I was able to upgrade the warranty which I wasn't on my previous order. So for £33 extra I got; 3-YR On-site upgrade from 1-YR Depot/CCI delivery

Caporegime
Gotta be a nice upgrade from the ideapad lol

The Ideapad has barely been used but I when I have used it its been for gaming more than photo editing (the original reason I bought it).

I dont think the 5800H will that noticeable over the 4800U and the 32GB of RAM is total overkill (but not expensive so why not!). The GPU and display though will be sweet! That much hardware in a laptop is nuts (and it seems the Legions are pretty well built too).

Man of Honour
That much hardware in a laptop is nuts (and it seems the Legions are pretty well built too)
Indeed. I'm so tempted to get one, but I cannot justify the price as I don't use my laptop often enough.
Silly to see that the mobile 3070 is near enough a desktop 1080ti performance (albeit 4 years later)

Associate
Well it was a big decision between the 3060 and 3070 as there is only 10w difference (140w with boost vs 130w with boost apparently) after checking reviews online the 3060 seems like the sweet spot, it can really stretch its legs at just 130w, the bigger cards (3070 and 3080) struggle to really get up to speed given the power and thermal constraints and you really get diminishing returns!

I’ve ordered the 5800H/16gb/1TB/3070, est delivery is first week in July (12 weeks exactly!) Ordered though my college email but didn’t think to add the unidays code, no bother though, I think an 8 core/12 thread laptop with a 165hz 2560x1600 display and an RTX 3070 for £1295.99 is a bloody ridiculous bargain!!! I will be looking to upgrade the warranty straight away though, as I forgot on my 1660ti Y540 and once your outside the first year warranty you can’t extend it!

12 weeks delivery is annoying though because my brother in Germany could order the same laptop with next day delivery apparently, if it weren’t for brexit/import duties etc/covid restrictions I’d have got him to sort it.

Back
Top Bottom