Lenovo Legion Go

I heard today mentioned in a DF YouTube video, that even Microsoft are jumping into the handheld world. That'll be interesting.

I totally agree on the Ally X pricing though, it is one of the best handhelds, but needs to be a lower price.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't of bought one of it wasn't for Currys and their 'too good to be true' 7 day fix promise. I have the care plan which replaces the Asus warranty with a guaranteed 7 day turn around (for about £3/month, so peanuts). Obviously that wasn't going to happen, so when I handed it in with stick drift issues, it got to day eight with no returned item, and I ended up with a full value voucher (which was £599), that went straight towards the Ally X. So hats off to them, and an affordable upgrade for me :D

So far have the Ally X in mind and maybe a GPD Win Mini 2024 with the 120Hz VRR 7" screen or even the MAX 2 2024 model but sadly has only a 60hz screen that one but a full keyboard and can be nicely used as a small portable laptop too... Will see and still thinking what to get, but I really wish the Legion Go had a landscape display with VRR and more RAM and would have been the perfect device... but all so close and all missing some important marks too.

I'm definitely keeping an eye on the GPD devices with the 890M based integrated graphics - though the benchmarks don't show it massively faster than the 780M in these devices but still a reasonable increase. I've a bunch of GPD devices and though not bad I don't feel like the build quality or support is as good as the Lenovo Legion Go has been so far.

Definitely agree that with some minor tweaks like VRR and more RAM (so as to dedicated more to the GPU without leaving the system below 16GB) it would have been a much more perfect device as good as it is.

I'm definitely keeping an eye on the GPD devices with the 890M based integrated graphics - though the benchmarks don't show it massively faster than the 780M in these devices but still a reasonable increase. I've a bunch of GPD devices and though not bad I don't feel like the build quality or support is as good as the Lenovo Legion Go has been so far.

Definitely agree that with some minor tweaks like VRR and more RAM (so as to dedicated more to the GPU without leaving the system below 16GB) it would have been a much more perfect device as good as it is.

I just ordered the Antec Core HS A7840U Handheld Gaming Console Bundle, basically the Ayaneo Slide with all the bundle of stuff for it for £550.

Tech Specs

Screen Size - 6 Inch 1080p High Brightness Wide Colour Gamut IPS Floating Screen
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 7840U
Storage - 32GB RAM + 2TB SSD
Memory - LPDDR5X 7500Mhz
SSD - M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 SSD
MicroSD/TF version 7.0 700MB/s (so easy to upgrade to super fast SD cards as faster than a SATA SSD)
2 x USB 4.0 type C full function, one at top one at bottom.

Hall effect triggers and sticks too.
ONLY 60 FPS No VRR and Portrait but most games don't go over 60 anyways and will be a nice little emulation pc.

Comes with a really nice free bundle that is worth £150 if purchased separately.

Accessory Pack Includes
  • Core HS Carry Case
  • Core HS Dock
  • Core HS Screen Protector
  • Core HS Joystick Caps

Was thinking about this a while back but was always out of stock and last 6 in black & 3 in white available now with the bundle and Antec will be removing the free bundle soon too and jacking up the price of the unit too, so grab it while on offer and the free bundle and see if you like it and if not return it, what I'm going to do basically try it out and keep it if I like it. Funny I looked at the Ayaneo Slide too a while back but the price scared me at £1000 for the same unit as the Antecs just rebranded and same spec.

Loads of reviews of the Antec core HS and the Slide, same thing just half the price at moment as the antec and a £150 bundle for free.

Will wait for a larger handheld once they have the new chips in them and better OLED displays and more RAM and SSD sizes as standard not the 512GB SSD rubbish given by some and even zotac's new zone ...mehh. Hope it turns out worth it and will be nice as a small handheld for emulation worst case and yes has a built in keyboard and like the screen being able to push out and angle it.

Will let you all know tomorrow as that's when it's coming as I paid extra for next day delivery.

Note: it is £600 direct from Antec for the 32GB + 2TB SSD bundle (all sold out in black & white), so google the only UK retailer that has it in black & white at £550 for the bundle at moment. SO be quick if you want one they vanish really quickly and the bundle offer is temporary and the price for the unit only will go up once the bundles run out as Antec has stated. Also Antec have the 16GB + 512GB SSD version no bundle for £499 and available stock in black & white, the 32GB + 2TB SSD bundle all sold out from them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom