Lenovo Legion Go

You

You mentioned the screen, how is gaming on it with a smaller screen is it massively different to the ROG? Or do you find yourself holding the Core closer to see it better?

I was holding it about the same, if you have a 6" phone it is basically that size screen. My eye sight in recent months has suddenly changed and I never had issues with eye sight and don't wear glasses, but anything with small writing at about a 10" to a foot away from my eyes will come into focus any closer it blurs now :( maybe age finally or the years of working on computer screens finally catching up or just tired eyes as sometimes it is not as bad.

What I just tried now is I just held it where I felt comfortable and natural and I can see it clearly. So I don't feel like I'm bringing it in closer than I would naturally have it anyways. Also the screen is down when I did this and when screen up and angled towards me and means the screen is slightly more away from me and same position and didn't bring it closer or adjusted how I was sat or holding it. It is more comfortable to use with screen up and angled though.

Last edited:
I was holding it about the same, if you have a 6" phone it is basically that size screen. My eye sight in recent months has suddenly changed and I never had issues with eye sight and don't wear glasses, but anything with small writing at about a 10" to a foot away from my eyes will come into focus any closer it blurs now :( maybe age finally or the years of working on computer screens finally catching up or just tired eyes as sometimes it is not as bad.

What I just tried now is I just held it where I felt comfortable and natural and I can see it clearly. So I don't feel like I'm bringing it in closer than I would naturally have it anyways. Also the screen is down when I did this and when screen up and angled towards me and means the screen is slightly more away from me and same position and didn't bring it closer or adjusted how I was sat or holding it. It is more comfortable to use with screen up and angled though.
So no real issues with seeing the hud for example in FPS games, I have no eye issues but its nice to know it's all clear and easy to see.

Also I think you've convinced me to get one, I almost got one last time before they went out of stock.

Last edited:
So no real issues with seeing the hud for example in FPS games, I have no eye issues but its nice to know it's all clear and easy to see.

Also I think you've convinced me to get one, I almost got one last time before they went out of stock.

Use https://www.displaywars.com/ and add in the size and aspect ratio to get a better idea, you better be quick last white one if white is what you want and 5 or 6 black ones left too, seem to be flying out they had I think 12 when they notified me of the black or 15 and white wasn't listed yet but an hour later they had 10 white too and now 1 that was Thursday, still think people have not noticed they are back in stock and watching Antec site where they have all gone worldwide when you try adding to basket, they also said once all stock for the launch bundles go that will be it and only the units at £499 for 16GB +512GB SSD and £799 for 32GB + 2TB SSD and no free accessories, I see on Reddit people are upset around the world they are gone so quick and the stock now at the UK retailer for the bundle is the cheapest so far at £549.99 even Antec had it for £599 when in stock.

You have 14 days to return it if not for you, that's why I also got it from them too, never had issues returning stuff to them in past.

I think you make too big a deal about the drivers on the Z1 chips. I've been side loading drivers for the last few releases on the Legion Go and it's been fine. The reason the official drivers take so long is because these companies can't be bothered.
I hear there can be issues using Lenovos performance overlay, or something, when doing this... But I'm gaming on a handheld, I don't want temp, fps and nonsense readouts from Lenovo Space on the screen at all times. :D

Back
Top Bottom