US: Lethal Weapon

Caporegime
OP
So I just started watching the film and decided to see who plays Joshua as I couldn't remember and the first thing on Google is the trailer...

Wut?!? Any way it looks like it may be okay going by the trailer.

Permabanned
I think i'll wait and see what the reception is after a few episodes or so. TV adaptations of movies haven't been doing well lately and just get cancelled.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
I'm not sure showrunners understood what made Lethal Weapon work. First - it's a story about friendship with crime in the background not the other way round. It won't work in a standard cop+magical sidekick solving crime of the week setup.

Second. It's not just a story about white cop/black cop, it's based around younger trigger happy suicidal nutter and an old school, cranky, "too old for this ****" pre-retirement desk jockey who constantly gets yanked along for a mad ride by crazy antics of the former. Clayne Crawford makes terrible Riggs but also Roger's character deserved at least someone like Wendell Pierce or Andre Braugher.

Man of Honour
They'll never come close to the highs reached by Mel Gibson and Danny Glover almost thirty years ago. Looks like carp and probably will be carp.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I thought the trailer looked good, I gave up after 2-3 eps of rush hour but this one looks a bit better and more funnier.

I agree its impossible or hard to mess with a classic though !

Caporegime
That was my thinking! He looks about 30.

And the guy playing Riggs just doesn't seem right. The scene in the trailer with the bank robber - just doesn't give off that suicidal feel that Gibson did with Riggs.

I assume it's not on a streaming channel yet but real tv?

Back
Top Bottom