US: Lethal Weapon

R3X

R3X

Soldato
It was ok, really will need 2-3 more eps but few nice touches and homages to the original lethal weapon series......

If it can succeed is a tough one, could end up like blind spot.... good start and just a mish mash of pointlessness or worse like rush hour tv series.

So still pending imo !

Underboss
Meh for me.

It was okay but tried very hard to be like the films some of it done well but some just poorly. It didn't come across as a very good cop show, or as a good comedy show, or as a friends who are cops style show to me.

Few more episodes could see it being watchable but not ground breaking.

Soldato
I can see this doing about as well as the Knight Rider TV show a few years back...

I actually kinda enjoyed the KR reboot (knowing it was completely **** but enjoying it all the same) - seem to recall there always being at least 1 hot bird in each ep didnt hurt either

LW is going to stink the airwaves up

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Well this year is definitely a reboot/remake year. We've never seen well being so dry that all the networks would desperately seek for ideas in old movies:

movie remakes:
- Lethal Weapon (remake)
- McGyver (remakeish sequel)
- Frequency (remake)
- Taken (prequel)
- Westworld (remake)
- The Excorcist (remake)
- Van Helsing (sequel)
- Rocky Horror Picture Show (remake)
- Training Day (sequelish remake)
- Time After Time (remake)
- Snatch (remake)

TV show remakes:
- 24: Legacy (sequel)
- Magnum P.I. (remake)
- Prison Break (restart)
- Fuller House (sequel)
- Gilmore Girls (restart)
- Tales From The Crypt (remake)
- Alien Nation (remake)

In pipeline for summer:
- The Departed (remake)
- Get Shorty (remake)
- Let The Right One In (remake)

Permabanned
Well this year is definitely a reboot/remake year. We've never seen well being so dry that all the networks would desperately seek for ideas in old movies:

movie remakes:
- Lethal Weapon (remake)
- McGyver (remakeish sequel)
- Frequency (remake)
- Taken (prequel)
- Westworld (remake)
- The Excorcist (remake)
- Van Helsing (sequel)
- Rocky Horror Picture Show (remake)
- Training Day (sequelish remake)
- Time After Time (remake)
- Snatch (remake)

TV show remakes:
- 24: Legacy (sequel)
- Magnum P.I. (remake)
- Prison Break (restart)
- Fuller House (sequel)
- Gilmore Girls (restart)
- Tales From The Crypt (remake)
- Alien Nation (remake)

In pipeline for summer:
- The Departed (remake)
- Get Shorty (remake)
- Let The Right One In (remake)

Was reading a thread on another forum last night where they listed loads of movies to look out for in 2017, 99% of them were either remakes or sequels. There's very little originality left in either tv or movies anymore.

Soldato
Mmm I dunno, after second episode it is still formulaic and predictable but the writing and the chemistry between the leads is just that touch better than the usual fair I think I still keep on with it for now.

Soldato
The 1st episode was pretty poor but the cast feel like they are making the roles their own by episode 3 and the wife vs the 2 leads chemistry is working well but it still grates everytime I hear the names "Riggs and Murtaugh" and it isn't Gibson/Glover.

I think the constant reminder of Riggs wife is going to be a downer on the series though, that was one thing that the movie got right - reference it, make an issue out of it, then move past it.

TBH, the show would have worked just as well if it didn't have to live upto the Lethal Weapon name.

PayDay Lover
Associate
I have to admit, I have actually really enjoyed the show. Maybe because I was expecting it to be absolutely awful, but for whatever the reason I am finding it a fun watch.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Maybe its an age thing ?

People that are in their 30s-40s+ who grew up when music was actually good and watched Classic Lethal weapon series films just look at this new series and vomit non stop.

How old are you asteldian and punt? just wondering ;)

PayDay Lover
Associate
Nope, I am 32. Though I freely admit I am a hell of a lot less fussy than almost all the posters on this site when it comes to tv watching :)
Give me something fairly braindead to watch - bit of action, bit of humour and I am usually accepting.
This actually exceeded my expectations and its biggest weakness was having the Lethal Weapon brand attached.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
My age theory is out the window then:) I am still watching it as well but as back ground viewing Its better then the terrible rush hour series at least.

Back
Top Bottom