US: Lethal Weapon

Soldato
The new season kicked off and its not bad.......its different, but not bad.

It will take a few episodes to get used to the new bloke but overall it was ok.

Soldato
Not a fan of the new "Riggs-less" show TBH. I like Seann but I don't think the series will be as effective without Clayne, it feels less "real" now, like it's lacking an emotional spark.

As a side note Clayne did a Podcast last month on Youtube speaking about his firing and a lot of the "behind the scenes" stuff that was going on. I mean it's only his side but he comes across as very open in the podcast, talking about lots of things which I didn't think he would do.

Caporegime
How can they do this show without one of the 2 main characters? or even call it "Lethal Weapon" given we know its a duo of Riggs and Murtaugh. :confused:

Soldato
Wayans has also announced he's quitting because he's just too old for this ****!

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/damon-wayans-lethal-weapon-exit-1202967299/

“I’m going to be quitting the show in December after we finish the initial 13,” Wayans said in a video interview. “So I really don’t know what they’re planning, but that’s what I’m planning. I’m a 58-year-old diabetic and I’m working 16-hour days.”

Asked by his off-camera interviewer, “So you’re over it?” Wayans replied — referencing his character from the series, “I’m done. Like Murtaugh said, I’m too old for this.”

Soldato
Wow what amazingly poor planning, shame they couldn’t have come to some agreement with Clayne to finish it properly. Poor SWS, everything he touches post American Pie seems to tank!

Soldato
The full podcast is over a hour long and has lots of swearing but, as I mentioned above, Clayne comes across very well (although it is only his side of events) but I'd go with Clayne's side based on other Damon Wayans "attitude on set" things I'd read.

Here is the Yotube Vid of the Podcast - be aware that there is swearing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u908kIaj12U

Soldato
I didn't particularly care about this show as I gave up after about 4 episodes, but I found myself quite interested by that podcast and have listened all the way through (although I'm now thinking to give up around the 1 hour mark). He does seem a reasonably balanced person, talking sense, but as you say, it's just one side given by an interviewer who is one of his mates.

Soldato
I've just been reading that Damon Wayans is up for doing series 4. He apparently has sorted out his issues with the producers.

That is IF there is a new series.

Associate
I'm not minding it without Riggs. Seann Scott is doing a good job.
My only criticism is that there is way too much family orientated nonsense now. The police side of the show seems to be thrown in as an afterthought.

Back
Top Bottom