LG 32GK850F anygood?

Soldato
OP
Well you see it might be a little while until I can review because every year I buy myself a nice little Christmas present. Although it is my birthday also next month :D if you take a look at the YouTube reviews for the LG650F you'll see they are very positive and plus you will save a lot of cash over the more expensive GK850F which is HDR 400 rated and pretty pointless. I think it's a no brainer. :)

It's coming Monday btw.

Soldato
OP
Lol welcome to the club. Mine arrives tomorrow. Did you go for the 650F as I did. Just didn't need the features of the 850F and much cheaper too. Either way it's going to look great. :)

Soldato
OP
When you meant to be getting it? Come back with your impressions please!

Ive just set it up and im absolutely gobsmacked. Its gorgeous and huge lol. Blurring? smearing? nope. Its amazing and I highly recommend it. I got the LG GK650F its a lot cheaper than the HDR version. Dont hesitate. :D

Associate
after a few days and the release of cod I am really enjoying it the software also told me of a firmware update that got rid pretty much of the earlier smearing that was stated in this thread but coming from a tn panel that didnt bother me as much anyways .

Played cod single player campaign and loved every minute of it with this panel colours were nice reacted fast and smooth good purchase . Tried BF V with HDR too not quite sure on that though but not sampled it enough to see how i feel about it

Associate
I have the Freesync 2 version of this monitor and am very happy with it. It replaced my old 27" 1440p 144hz TN panel (one of the first Asus ROG panels to achieve this circa 5 years ago). It is much better blacks and I have none of the issues focussed here. I run a Nvidia graphics cards with no issues. I would highly recommend it personally, and think 32" is much better than 27'.

Associate
I have the Freesync 2 version of this monitor and am very happy with it. It replaced my old 27" 1440p 144hz TN panel (one of the first Asus ROG panels to achieve this circa 5 years ago). It is much better blacks and I have none of the issues focussed here. I run a Nvidia graphics cards with no issues. I would highly recommend it personally, and think 32" is much better than 27'.
No flickering issues?
No problems with sharpness of the text and small horizontal viewing angles? I'm sitting 50cm away from monitor.

Associate
No flickering issues?
No problems with sharpness of the text and small horizontal viewing angles? I'm sitting 50cm away from monitor.

None of those issues. I sit same distance and head on, never at an angle. Can't compare to an IPS panel, but the viewing angles when I do slightly move are much better than my old TN panel.

Associate
None of those issues. I sit same distance and head on, never at an angle. Can't compare to an IPS panel, but the viewing angles when I do slightly move are much better than my old TN panel.
You have G-Sync enabled? Many Freesync monitors have sometime problems with flickering and black screens after G-Sync enabling and it would help to change frequency range of the monitor from approx. 50Hz to 144Hz.

Associate
Anyword of a follow up to this one?
I tried the g-sync version but couldent live with that VA smear. I found it horrible actually. Right now on the PG279Q. I just wish that VA could be as fast as this one :)

Soldato
Anyword of a follow up to this one?
I tried the g-sync version but couldent live with that VA smear. I found it horrible actually. Right now on the PG279Q. I just wish that VA could be as fast as this one :)

That is the problem. One person will find a certain level of smear acceptable or perfect while another will find it totally unacceptable. I'm typically the later of the two. I would love to have a place to try out the different 32" VA options available cause some of them looks very tempting.

Associate
That is the problem. One person will find a certain level of smear acceptable or perfect while another will find it totally unacceptable. I'm typically the later of the two. I would love to have a place to try out the different 32" VA options available cause some of them looks very tempting.

So very true, and after years with fast TN monitors it feelt like total garbage, even the g-sync version should be the fastest VA so far. But I love the PG, as it's almost as fast as a TN :)
Just wish for better VA panels, as I love the contrast. My Sony X9005E 55 Tv blows this PG out of the water, as it should beying a great VA Tv with FALD and also HDR!
To bad that the monitor market is pretty much crap. Feels like it have stagnated long ago.

Well their is hope atleast, as the LG OLED 48 incher is on the way. But I would much more like to have say a 32 inch superfast monitor, for that desktop experiance. Well me might aswell just have to wait for Micro LED or such to take of!

Back
Top Bottom