1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Stu, Mar 21, 2018.

1. eggcup

Wise Guy

They would have more sales if they had stock in the first place lol

2. dreadvirus

Associate

hey guys, havent been in the forum for months..tonite i was going to pull the trigger for 34gk950g since its $999 in the US[and dont have to pay tax, yah im kinda rubbing it in haha] than i read up on how the new updates on the F version might be a better option only to find out the F version is at this moment $200 more than the G version, wtf! i was hopin to save on the g-sync tax by buyin the F version...then someone made a reference to the new 38GL950g!!! [and all the other new monitors coming out later this year] so now i gotta rethink and see if waiting is the better move at this point haha

3. The Old School Gamer

Gangster

TFT Central have UPDATED their review of the LG 34GK950F to reflect the new v2 firmware release. :cool:
    • The variable refresh rate (VRR) range has been extended from 55-144Hz -to- 48-144Hz
    • Input lag has been vastly improved from a rather slow 13.8ms -to- 4.3ms
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/lg_34gk950f.htm

IMHO this now makes the Freesync version a more compelling buy over the more expensive G-SYNC version which is limited to 120hz by the module.

Just need to find one in stock some where now.

4. JediFragger

Capodecina

/hugs 34GK950F :D

5. musikos

Associate

the biggest problem with LG is the unfriendly and incapable service
    The devices are great as long as they work, but as soon problems occur you are lost.
    Excample: my LG 32 UD99-W has been sent for repairing - didn´t hear anything form LG like status etc. Other Friends of mine got a scratched or damaged device back - this is a case for the germanconsumer protection
    My experiences with Dell or Acer were extremely good.
    So as a result I will never buy a monitor or a TV from LG again.
    I am also thinking about selling the UD99 AND the 34GK 950G again and buy me two other ones, just because of this bad way, customers are treated here in germany.

6. mulpsmebeauty

Mobster

But...but...but...OLED! How could you deny yourself access to this perfect, wondrous technology that causes birds to fall from the trees when they witness its pure, absolute blacks? As soon as this technology was created, all other TVs instantly became utterly pointless and so painful to view that you might as well be blind!

7. The Old School Gamer

Gangster

That is concerning to hear.

A good warranty and after sales support is important as monitors are a bit hit or miss at the best of times for things like dead pixels, light bleed and other inconsistencies across the panel.
    But especially important if you banging down over a grand, you will want your monitor to be flawless, and if it's not to be put right.

8. musikos

Associate

would be premium care package an alternative?

9. eggcup

Wise Guy

Imo its not really an issue with a TV as when I bought my OLED I received 6 years free warranty directly with the shop I purchased it from.

I can understand with a monitor though as you don't usually get the same sort of warranty even though you can be nearly paying as much as an oled in this case.

10. musikos

Associate

I am not talking about OLED, i was just telling about experience with pc monitors folks and i have made
    with oled i have no experience

11. JediFragger

Capodecina

Fortunately we have an LG rep on here to help us out occasionally, UK only though (he can't help with other regions or put you in touch with the german one, been asked about others before).

12. eggcup

Wise Guy

You brought up that you wouldn't buy lg TV though and they make oleds lol

13. maschio

Gangster

Is there anywhere to buy one of the F variants of this monitor? My ROG Swift has developed a fault out of warranty and i got fobbed off by Asus.

This monitor fits all my criteria but can't seem to find it.

14. HEADRAT

Capodecina

So is OcUK still getting for 45 in March, think I'm going to replace my aging Acer XR341CK with the 34GK950F.

15. Cornholiooo

Associate

16. musikos

Associate

i dont understand why the prices between USA and Germany differ so much and unfair

17. eggcup

Wise Guy

Supply and demand, The UK has no stock.

18. Twyst

Gangster

Neither does the alternative vendor named above .... They claim April, so later than OcUK.

19. Xtrema

Hitman

They need to rush on or i'll be compelled to go the Dell/Alienware route.

20. dafadau

Hitman

I'm thinking the same.