1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Stu, Mar 21, 2018.

1. TheInkSpot

Associate

Thanks for the help! I discovered that the issue happens only when the screen "warms up". The first 20 minutes, image works as usual. 20 minutes later or so, the lines appear again.
    I've tried different power brick, different socket... Also resetting the initial settings. I really don't want to send it back... since I ordered it shortly after christmas, and it just arrived now, but I'm running out of options :(

It happens with every resolution, but it seems to be certain patterns/colors that make it worse, as shown in the video. Some pics are displayed flawlessly, others have the white lines of hell all over them. But yeah, only after 20 or 30 minutes of use. I will contact LG now with the video.

2. The Old School Gamer

Gangster

Are you using good quality cable(s)?
    For piece of mind I made sure that I used a VESA certified v1.4 DP cable on mine.

You say it comes and goes.
    It might be worth testing your wall sockets in the house with a Martindale to make sure you have no wiring faults like poor/no earthing (they cost about £10).

It probably isn't any of those, but at least you rule them out.

3. BubbySoup

Mobster

Had my screen a week or so now and have to say, it's brilliant. Looking at this thread there still seems to be a bit of a panel lottery going on, even at this price. It's a real shame we are still not seeing OLED panels coming in at this size.
    I have one bizarre issue in that I have to turn the monitor off then back on before I get a picture when using display port. Doesn't happen with HDMI and I'm using the DP cable that came with the screen. It's not a big deal really, just a little weird.
    I've settled on using the monitor in sRGB mode as I think it gives the best picture.

4. The Old School Gamer

Gangster

Yeah I had that the first time I switched between HDMI and DP inputs, but it has not occurred since then.
    I was thinking it may be a first time registration thing as I've noticed the monitor does remember your custom OSD settings for each input (which is real handy).
    The only thing I can't remember is if it happened before -or- after I updated the firmware.

[EDIT]

For the record I normally switch inputs from HDMI to DP, THEN I will power-on my other PC.
    Dunno if that makes a difference, but that seams to work fine for me doing it that way.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  5. BubbySoup

Mobster

Thanks for that, I updated the firmware and now it seems to have stopped.

6. Jenz

Gangster

7. pmk24

Gangster

Carnt wait! Just got a dispatch note as my F arrives Thursday for £887 new from a big retailer! Been very lucky

8. larsbaby

Associate

Oh that's interesting to see. I have one also on order from the same very big retailer. Can I ask when you ordered yours?

9. pmk24

Gangster

Ordered on the 4th, was estimated at May/June timeframe then out the blue was mailed today!

10. larsbaby

Associate

I ordered mine on the 4th as well with a May/June delivery. I'll keep my fingers crossed I'm next in line! ;)

11. eggcup

Wise Guy

Someone somewhere is getting a nice mark up on these.

12. BIG Phil

Associate

Is this still your expectation please, @Daniel - LG ? Presumably OcUK could conceivably have more stock of the F in the w/c 22nd (albeit that is Easter Monday)?

I actually ordered an F when they were in stock but due to OcUK following some slightly bizarre fulfilment practices, they neglected to allocate a monitor for my Saturday delivery and so someone with a next day delivery who ordered after me got a monitor instead of me. Officially, there is no ETA on any new stock. I have to admit that I am a little cheesed off.

13. Daniel - LG

LG Rep

Yes this is still my expectation, its difficult to give exact times the product is going to be in OCUK, but they are ordering the stock today hopefully so we can try and keep to this timescale

14. pmk24

Gangster

15. khemist

Mobster

Unlucky pmk24 - I WOULD love one of these but i can't be doing with the lottery, will stick with my 2560 x 1440p for a bit longer.

16. larsbaby

Associate

I hope I have more luck than you, that sucks :(
    I've had noticication today that mine is on it's way and will be delivered tomorrow.
    Hoping you get a replacement soon.

17. pmk24

Gangster

Wasn't allowed to get a replacement due to no indication when the next stock is due (so missed out on the cheaper price now) so going to stick with my old setup and wait for an offer again.

Check the delivery details as mine came from Germany so must of taken a bump somewhere :( though big retailer sending out a courier to pickup tomorrow and done an advanced refund.

18. larsbaby

Associate

Mine is coming from Italy and it looks like something has happened already. I've had a second email saying the item is delayed and is being returned to the seller..possibly damaged? Order is still open so will have to wait and see. I'll use Keepa to keep tracking price.

19. eggcup

Wise Guy

They must be throwing these around as mine was broken too!

20. BubbySoup

Mobster

So this evening I came home to this;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The red bar is down the left edge of the screen and along with the nice vertical line I have funky, psychedelic colours!

Switching the screen off then back on made it go away and it's been fine for a good few hours since. Returning it probably means either a long wait or a refund and the risk of getting a screen with dead pixels and/or bad bleed, neither of which this one has.

/sigh
    [​IMG]