LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Associate
1 left in stock, yay to not getting a replacement any time soon. I guess I'll just ask for my money back and just be happy with my current ultra wide . Sigh

Edit: I could by swayed if they want to give me a G instead, but I doubt that would happen.
Maybe they can give you my return they received yesterday, it was functionally fine (no dead pixels etc) i just took the plastic off.

Associate
Mine came today. Doesn't seem to be any dead pixels and I can't see any backlight bleed issues. Only thing is it seems sluggish in games to me. I was intending to upgrade my graphics card soon but maybe I have to do it now. It's a GTX 970. I checked nvidia and it uses display port 1.2. Could this be the cause?
Well, what are you upgrading from? 1080p?
1080p = 2,073,600 pixels
1440p = 3,686,400 pixels (1.78x more than 1080)
1440p ultrawide = 4,953,600 pixels (2.39x more than 1080)
It's not necessarily linear performance degradation but you'll feel it in an older card, it'll have higher memory requirements too. I personally wouldn't bother with an ultrawide with anything less than a 1080Ti or you're almost never going to see anything like 144fps. (and definitely not in AAA FPS shooters for instance)

Associate
Well, what are you upgrading from? 1080p?
1080p = 2,073,600 pixels
1440p = 3,686,400 pixels (1.78x more than 1080)
1440p ultrawide = 4,953,600 pixels (2.39x more than 1080)
It's not necessarily linear performance degradation but you'll feel it in an older card, it'll have higher memory requirements too. I personally wouldn't bother with an ultrawide with anything less than a 1080Ti or you're almost never going to see anything like 144fps. (and definitely not in AAA FPS shooters for instance)

Yes from 1080. I have 32gig ddr4 and a ryzen 1700. I suppose I thought I will just play on lower settings until I choose a card as I also want it for work but it doesn't feel like an fps issue it feels like input lag to me

Associate
Yes from 1080. I have 32gig ddr4 and a ryzen 1700. I suppose I thought I will just play on lower settings until I choose a card as I also want it for work but it doesn't feel like an fps issue it feels like input lag to me
Make sure you update the firmware, if you don't there definitely is input lag

Associate
Why did you return it?
The performance wasn't quite up to my expectations but that was probably foolish of me to think it would be when I'm so used to a performant TN panel. I only used it about an hour but I seem to be very sensitive to blur / ghosting etc

Associate
So I just got myself a Google Home Mini and am enjoying it thus far, but it did spark a thought..... Can I plug a Chromecast in via the HDMI (Keeping the PC on the DP)? The answer is obviously yes, but what is not obvious is how to get the audio out from it. Will it be avaible from the audio output jack or can it travel over the USB somehow and into the PC so it can come out of the PC connected speakers?

@Daniel - LG any ideas here?

This is the F variant if that's important.

Associate
So I just got myself a Google Home Mini and am enjoying it thus far, but it did spark a thought..... Can I plug a Chromecast in via the HDMI (Keeping the PC on the DP)? The answer is obviously yes, but what is not obvious is how to get the audio out from it. Will it be avaible from the audio output jack or can it travel over the USB somehow and into the PC so it can come out of the PC connected speakers?

No Idea - I know HDMI obviously carries sound so would work with the monitor speakers, but no idea how to get that to go to speakers connected to the PC

Associate
potentially - 15 more F version coming to me wc 15th, 30 wc 29th (tends to take 7-10 days to get into OCUK from landing with me)

or you could order the G version at the same price currently?

I don't know much about monitors at all but the G version lacking "HDR" and being "120Hz" really puts me off when it's the same price as one that has HDR and 144Hz, I have a 1080ti and would like to make the most of it with adaptive sync. Perhaps I'm wrong and I'm missing out on nothing, in that case I'd love for someone to say so as my heart is broken ):

Associate
potentially - 15 more F version coming to me wc 15th, 30 wc 29th (tends to take 7-10 days to get into OCUK from landing with me)

or you could order the G version at the same price currently?

Why would anyone want an inferior product ?

Also I already purchased an F , however it arrived broken , so I'm without a monitor and down 1100 quid.

Man of Honour

I would expect the audio out connection to give you audio from the plugged in hdmi device without issue. But don’t believe theres any way to send audio from the hdmi connected device to your pc to output through its speakers.

Associate
Glad to have found an active thread for this display.

I noticed a faint horizontal line going across the center of my 34GK950F-B today. I’ve had it for a couple of weeks. I’m pretty sure it popped up today, as I am sensitive to display anomalies and probably would’ve noticed it before. Tried different cables, but the issue persisted.

Have there been reports about this issue? Can’t have it replaced at the moment because Amazon is out of stock. Prices have since gone up since I purchased, so I’d rather not return and rebuy. Definitely not a fan of RMAing. It’s been a nice display otherwise.

Associate
unfortunately ... you have 2 options
1) live with it
2) pay for return and get partial refund from the shop

I'm saying that as if you saw my previus post i has the same problem ( couple of dead pixels , fixed most - which i regret now ) ...

OC will not replace my monitor ,on warranty or just by a being fair to customer , they just want money ( look price raise) :)
From another hand ,,,, LG neither ,,,, just google for PDF or https://www.lg.com/ca_en/products/documents/LG LCD Monitor Pixel Policy.pdf

for this kind of resolution you need to have over 12 dead pixels to they replace it ...
To be honest , IF i buy next monitor online.. i be sure to i get 0 dead pixels warranty.

For now i suggest to even you so keen get this monitor - which is brilliant if you win "panel lotery" , hold you horses and wait for better options - read better warranty :D

As even to quality of image, and all of stuff is brilliant , customer support AND quality of product is very bad. With this price tag .... i have been expect more . From my point of view the Quality Control LG department should be fired ... they just suxx .

p.s.
OC UK got like 60x version F ,so far i count 6 with problems again for a monitor with 1k+ price 10 % ish is very bad rate ... is not acceptable.

After my previus experience with OCUK i did not buy anything here by over 2 years ( pre-ordered 1080 Ti FE and they just sold first ones in shop instead of send to ... pre-order customers) . And for my complain about dead pixels i got answer to 1 pixel is not enough to i get replacement ... lession lerned cu in 10 years ? :D

I actually am really impressed with the monitor otherwise, and the dead pixel isn't bothering me at all. I just worry about resale value when it's time to upgrade again.

Soldato
Hmm wanted to do a huge upgrade with new cpu, gpu all to drive this beautiful new monitor. Then after reading the comments I remembered my experience with getting an ultrawide about 1-2years back...had to send 3 of them back due to dust behind panel / dead pixel clusters.

If you get a good panel (I'm talking about no dead pixels. Light bleed is annoying but you can get over it) then these beauties are amazing to have but this panel lottery has put me off buying this time of products. So here I am sitting with 1080p TN panel *sigh*

Maybe I will crack later on and try to get one but I am sure it will come with some dead pixels and I already made the mistake of sticking with a monitor for 7 years that had a dead pixel, never again will I force myself to endure this annoying thing!

Back
Top Bottom