LG 38GL950G - 3840x1600/G-Sync/144Hz

Soldato
Why? Everybody using the LG OLED TV's as gaming monitors say they are awesome and you never want to go back to a "normal" monitor for gaming.
LG can do nice large displays, Samsung can do nice small displays (phone and tablets). They both seem to struggle doing the opposites, and medium sized displays.

Soldato
OP
That price is a joke. I'll wait for LG's 48" OLED then throw it in the bin when it gets burn in, then buy another... and probably still have money left over vs paying this and getting BLB, glow and poor contrast straight out the box. No thanks LCD, find yourselves another mug.

Associate
That price is a joke. I'll wait for LG's 48" OLED then throw it in the bin when it gets burn in, then buy another... and probably still have money left over vs paying this and getting BLB, glow and poor contrast straight out the box. No thanks LCD, find yourselves another mug.

What Ultra Wide is this LG 48" you speak about ?? Sounds very expensive considering what the 38" is priced.

Associate

You do know that native G-SYNC panels go through extensive quality control before they are approved right? Maybe you are talking about Freesync panels.

Associate
I would bet on the Acer version being cheaper and easier to get though in 2020. Plus Acer normally have sales on. One to add to my watch list for when it goes on sale.

Associate
Nice. I did have one of those Acer 38 you have as well. I just couldn’t get used to it being locked to such a low refresh rate so sold it.

the new ones look great though and solve my biggest bugbear

Soldato
Nice. I did have one of those Acer 38 you have as well. I just couldn’t get used to it being locked to such a low refresh rate so sold it.

the new ones look great though and solve my biggest bugbear
75hz isn't that bad. But it's definitely the reason I want to upgrade.

Associate
At the time though I am sure only AMD cards could get 75 and I was stuck at 60 on Nvidia card.

also as the my other main display drivers where 120 HHz ultra wides it was quite jarring. If I only had one monitor it would have been easier to adjust.

Soldato
At the time though I am sure only AMD cards could get 75 and I was stuck at 60 on Nvidia card.

also as the my other main display drivers where 120 HHz ultra wides it was quite jarring. If I only had one monitor it would have been easier to adjust.
My ones worked out the box at 75hz with an nVidia graphics card.

Associate
My faulty memory but it was different to what I was used to.

the new one fixes all of those issues and as we have seen in other new panels once other manufacturers adopt them they get cheaper and cheaper.

Associate
Had my AW3420DW for a week, really liking it. Will still definitely be getting one of these just to compare if I prefer the extra vertical real estate...

...not for this price though LMAO

Soldato
OP
You do know that native G-SYNC panels go through extensive quality control before they are approved right? Maybe you are talking about Freesync panels.

You do know that IPS glow and bleed (to a point) aren't even considered faults? And Quality Control? For monitors? HAHAHA! :D

Back
Top Bottom