LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate

Well not in that one sentence you've quoted. But there are other sentences on the internet.

You both based your evidence on forbes.com! A big problem with Forbes is the fact that they have many questionable opinion writers like Larry Bell claiming global warming is a hoax. And Forbes doesn't actually hire most of their web writers. Rather, they syndicate various writers and pay them based on the amount of traffic their articles generate.

LG news

https://www.lgnewsroom.com/2021/06/...-new-heights-with-latest-dolby-vision-update/
The 2020 TV models are also apparently "being tested for Dolby Vision gaming in either 60Hz or 120Hz"

What I quoted came from whathifi.com:p

Wish I had more space to "go big". If my housing situation changes so that I can seperate my work and play setups then it may be plausible but thats a long so for now I have to find the best compromise.

I understand most of us brits live in a size of a American garage for housing:)

Last edited:
Soldato
How are people getting on with their OLEDs? Any photos?
I remember I was I think the first person on this forum to use an OLED as a PC monitor but it was a 55''.
I went to projector land for a 165'' experience but I fancy doing a little desk setup in my bedroom/study and I remember the CRG9 and AW3418DW looking awful compared to the OLED.

Any photoes of people's setups?

Soldato
anyone know the advantage of 48C1 vs 48CX? was thinking of selling my cx and change to C1
CX motion interpolation is substandard
C1s is meant to be good

other than that identical panels, free view apps missing on CX, 1 year more support likely of software support by LG, back stand is white on C1; black on CX, C1 has new remote

Soldato
Now that gpu's have gone up in price, I have started recommending oled to my friends as a serious alternative to a new high tier gpu (they are mainly on 10 series and would usually go xx80).
The upgrade in picture quality is just too much to ignore and will last a good few gpu cycles and not much difference in price between a high end gpu and oled TV.
Medium settings on an oled will look much better than ultra on an lcd.
I have 2 oled, the older one is a good 5-6 years old (was used for 3 years with my pc) and still no sign of burn in :)

10000% agree.

People have RTX 3080s and 3090s with awful trashy looking screens. Will never ever understand that.

Soldato
I've been using my 55" LG CX as my main monitor since Christmas and I've no complaints . It's absolutely awesome. Games play and look amazing on it. At the minute I'm mainly playing Valhiem on it. Also got my Xbox series X on it.

Soldato
I had a 40" monitor at one point and while the monitor itself was a crap VA panel, it showed that even "40 was too big as a desktop monitor for normal sitting distance. I know Oled at less than 40" is not a thing, but a nice 36" Oled would be great.

Soldato
The real question is what is your personal viewing distance. If you are sitting at a table with the monitor an arms length away, then even 40" means you are moving your head rather than your eyes a lot.

Associate
People have RTX 3080s and 3090s with awful trashy looking screens. Will never ever understand that.

There is no logical reason to use a 3080/90 for 1080p @1K graphics when it's made for 4/8K gaming if you’ve got an RTX card and DLSS turned on while connected to a 1080p Full HD monitor you won’t notice a difference. Overall, DLSS improves performance though RTX in titles that support it, that's the only reason RTX is worth it. Otherwise you're better off with a GTX 1070 for 1080p gaming.

If you are sitting at a table with the monitor an arms length away, then even 40" means you are moving your head rather than your eyes a lot.

We're not machine build, we must move our bodies or we end up with DVT (deep vein thrombosis) if your addicted to gaming.

OLED screens are too big to be used as a monitor, seen too many complaints about stuttering which would really irritate me, plus the potential burn in on top = I'd rather skip.

Is that in your opinion! Because I'm an OLED gamer:p You talk about all these complaints based on what! Where's the list or links you're claiming please share:cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
We're not machine build, we must move our bodies or we end up with DVT (deep vein thrombosis) if your addicted to gaming.

What on earth is this even in response to and how does it relate to the fact that a 48" screen from 3 feet away is arguably too close?

Permabanned
i think that stuttering is from watching movies with a 24fps, they call it stutter or judder and yes oled suffers from this because of its fast response time, but thier are ways around it like true motion or in pc players with same fetures that upscales the framerate like https://www.svp-team.com/get/

Associate
What on earth is this even in response to and how does it relate to the fact that a 48" screen from 3 feet away is arguably too close?

Because you said this
means you are moving your head rather than your eyes a lot.

If you're "Moving just head around the screen" then your sitting too close to a 48inch OLED in first place if you was sitting back than only your eyes will move, so I said we're not built like machines meaning we just sit there and not move at all:p

Soldato
Because you said this

If you're "Moving just head around the screen" then your sitting too close to a 48inch OLED in first place if you was sitting back than only your eyes will move, so I said we're not built like machines meaning we just sit there and not move at all:p

Oh dear, you have utterly missed the point. Stanners asked what people's viewing distances were and I replied saying what really matters was "his" viewing distance, to which he replied 3 feet. So if anyone sits at a cumputer desk and the viewing distance is 3 feet then by that metric (as you now ironcially agree) it was too close for a 48" TV.

Back
Top Bottom