lg 55oled b9

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Nope. Victor from HDTVTest said this:
HDTVTest said:
Despite rumours to the contrary, LG engineers have verbally informed us that the B9 is capable of 4K@120Hz in HDR (especially important for gamers). However, due to the lack of true HDMI 2.1 sources at the moment, there is no way we could verify their claim.

He clarified this situation with high-up LG picture quality engineers by the way. Guy posting on that link was probably confused low tech support guy.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I’m not going to argue.
In my head it’s not 100 percent as it’s the older processor and it’s a verbal confirmation...
Fair enough. Does not bother me much as I am buying it for the living room, not as a PC monitor. So will only need 60hz for PS5 anyways, if it does work as Victor says then it is a bonus :D

Did I miss a discount code on the page? Can't see the 55 B9 for less than 1099 now ... :(
Looks like they removed the £100 discount code :(

Don't worry, keep an eye on HotUKDeals and it will come up again sooner or later :)

Associate
I need to wait for the 48 size anyway as 55 is too big for my rooms.

I tried using my 55 oled as a monitor and due to the distance and aching my neck got severe neck pains.

it looked fantastic though but just not practical for my spaces

Soldato
Nope. Victor from HDTVTest said this:

He clarified this situation with high-up LG picture quality engineers by the way. Guy posting on that link was probably confused low tech support guy.

Might be capable but will FW be updated to utilise it when they could hold it back to sell the 10 series? Also 'engineers verbally said' is not concrete.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Might be capable but will FW be updated to utilise it when they could hold it back to sell the 10 series? Also 'engineers verbally said' is not concrete.
Yeah. That is fine, does not bother me too much if it turns out not to work, obviously would be nice if it did.

Also how do we know it needs an firmware upgrade for it to work? Is there any HDMI 2.1 cards that show it is not working currently?

Caporegime
From a thread I was reading earlier;

"Now I'm back to revive this thread since HDTVTest stated "Despite rumours to the contrary, LG engineers have verbally informed us that the B9 is capable of 4K@120Hz in HDR (especially important for gamers). However, due to the lack of true HDMI 2.1 sources at the moment, there is no way we could verify their claim." and I don't want to make the wrong decision and come to regret it."

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
From a thread I was reading earlier;

"Now I'm back to revive this thread since HDTVTest stated "Despite rumours to the contrary, LG engineers have verbally informed us that the B9 is capable of 4K@120Hz in HDR (especially important for gamers). However, due to the lack of true HDMI 2.1 sources at the moment, there is no way we could verify their claim." and I don't want to make the wrong decision and come to regret it."
That is from the link posted above. I got my comments from his youtube channel. Each to their own. You can pay the extra for piece of mind and get C9. But if I had to guess I am 90% sure the B9 will do it just fine.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Fair enough. Does not bother me much as I am buying it for the living room, not as a PC monitor. So will only need 60hz for PS5 anyways, if it does work as Victor says then it is a bonus :D

Looks like they removed the £100 discount code :(

Don't worry, keep an eye on HotUKDeals and it will come up again sooner or later :)

PRC Direct is £999 with code, RS should match it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
By the way in case people were wondering, the LG B9 did get the G-Sync with the 04.71.04 update. I have updated my B9 to this version but not yet tested it myself but I have no reason to doubt that it works :D

I knew it would get the update when people thought that it would be only the C9. I mean it is pretty much the same TV except for the processor so there was no reason it would not.

So far I have been very happy with the TV and well worth the 3 figure sum I paid :D

Associate
Awesome, I was meaning to check that. Not that I can do anything with it right now - the machine I have hooked up to the tv has a 1070Ti in it and AFAICT nvidia aren't going to support g-sync over HDMI on the 10 series :/

Soldato
By the way in case people were wondering, the LG B9 did get the G-Sync with the 04.71.04 update. I have updated my B9 to this version but not yet tested it myself but I have no reason to doubt that it works :D

I knew it would get the update when people thought that it would be only the C9. I mean it is pretty much the same TV except for the processor so there was no reason it would not.

So far I have been very happy with the TV and well worth the 3 figure sum I paid :D

U sure not not regretting getting a pastey low contrast sorry excuse for HDR pc monitor? :D :D

Putting one side by side (monitor and OLED) with Gears of War 5 in HDR is a literal joke lol.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
U sure not not regretting getting a pastey low contrast sorry excuse for HDR pc monitor? :D :D

Putting one side by side (monitor and OLED) with Gears of War 5 in HDR is a literal joke lol.
Lol. I can still bare my SDR monitor. I will not be putting them side by side though, I will not do that to myself :p

If Nvidia price there 3000 series silly, I may just keep what I got and just do the bulk of my gaming on my PS4 Pro/PS5. Will just play strategy games on my PC and single player story games on the console. All depends on what next gen graphics cards have to offer and what they cost.

Associate

B9 has 2GB ram instead of 3GB on the C9, B9 has lower HDR peak brigthnesss, b9 has worse near black and shadow details due to the weaker chip, b9 gets updates and bugfixes less frequently than the C9 model, b9 has worse upscale.
No doubt B9 is a fantastic piece of kit but C9 is better.

Back
Top Bottom