lg 55oled b9

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
B9 has 2GB ram instead of 3GB on the C9, B9 has lower HDR peak brigthnesss, b9 has worse near black and shadow details due to the weaker chip, b9 gets updates and bugfixes less frequently than the C9 model, b9 has worse upscale.
No doubt B9 is a fantastic piece of kit but C9 is better.
I don't get this post. Did I somehow suggest the C9 was inferior?

Rtings rate the B9 as the 3rd best TV, meaning it is rated even better than last years best or the year before. So how big is the difference you are actually talking about?

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/tvs-on-the-market

The difference between the B9 and C9 is actually very small. Not worth the extra money imo. If others want to spend all that extra money on small difference, they can be my guest.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
100€ is huge price difference, what year do you live in ?
Don’t know where you live but I live in the UK and the difference is not £85. One check on Richer Sounds and the difference is MUCH bigger.

The difference in percentage is huge for a small difference simple as that.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well everyone makes their own decisions on what they buy with their own money, I just find it worth it spending abit more to get a better product.
That is fine, you are free to do what you want with your money, as am I. For me it was an easy decision as the things that make the C9 better would make near enough zero difference to me, but would certainly make a difference to my bank account.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yup, was a stonking deal, I considered selling it on for its RRP of £2500+ then buying the cheaper B/C 7 but cba with the faff.

Let us know what you think, pretty sure that once you see it, you aren't going to want to look at anything non OLED again ;) There's only so much that higher resolutions and refresh rates can do on crappy LCD panels.

You'll just wish you had got one sooner to enjoy :D

Can’t believe it has been 3 years since I got this tv. Time flies. Only 3 years warranty left. Will probably upgrade at that point to a 65 or 77 inch one.

Been lucky with it. No image burn in or other issues apart from the PSU needing to be changed once.

From a thread I was reading earlier;

"Now I'm back to revive this thread since HDTVTest stated "Despite rumours to the contrary, LG engineers have verbally informed us that the B9 is capable of 4K@120Hz in HDR (especially important for gamers). However, due to the lack of true HDMI 2.1 sources at the moment, there is no way we could verify their claim." and I don't want to make the wrong decision and come to regret it."

As I guessed it turned out it can indeed to 4K@120Hz in HDR. Happy I went for this and did not waste an extra £300 on the C9. Surprised at how many went for C9 at the time. 30% extra cost for almost **** all extra :p

Caporegime
Can’t believe it has been 3 years since I got this tv. Time flies. Only 3 years warranty left. Will probably upgrade at that point to a 65 or 77 inch one.

Been lucky with it. No image burn in or other issues apart from the PSU needing to be changed once.

Same, no issues at all here nor signs of any image retention and it's been used heavily for HDR gaming.

Defo want bigger next time and QD-OLED too.

Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Same, no issues at all here nor signs of any image retention and it's been used heavily for HDR gaming.

Defo want bigger next time and QD-OLED too.

True, may go QD-OLED next time. Let’s see what’s what in 3 or so years time.

Do me a favour @TNA and don't ****ing quote me from a million years ago.

3 to be exact :D

Back
Top Bottom