LG c9 OLED

Will do, don't want LG knowing that I'm using Netflix..

The new feature scans your wifi for other LG TV's, and every five minutes a pop up comes up with

"Your other LG TV's aren't the latest, biggest models, do you want to place an order for each zone , the 77" OLED premium model?"
Options are "yes and yes"

Probably not too far fetched..

The new feature scans your wifi for other LG TV's, and every five minutes a pop up comes up with

"Your other LG TV's aren't the latest, biggest models, do you want to place an order for each zone , the 77" OLED premium model?"
Options are "yes and yes"

Probably not too far fetched..
I got three LG oleds of various ages on the same wifi network and I'm yet to have a pop up asking me to buy a 77" or any other model infact I'm yet to have any obtrusive advertising in the last 7ish years of owning LG tvs.

Just tried music playback, the C9 isn't bit perfect, playing back 44.1khz audio, my processor shows 48khz. Not that I would use it for a audio player anyway. LMS server with UPNP/media renderer.

Maybe playing internally media player is bit perfect?

I'm getting what I suspect is a power supply failure on my 65C9. Often when turning on the TV, the red led will flash and the the normal click can be heard several times before it turns on, on worse occasions it wont turn on at all and needs the power turned off at the wall for a minute before it will turn on.

Struggling to find a replacement power board though, and there's basically nothing I can find online about repairing it. I can happily swap out bad capacitors which certainly sounds like the issue. But the lack of information about it seems odd. I can find drabs of information about other models but virtually nothing on the C9. I'll keep an eye out on ebay for a week weeks and see if one turns up. But I may end up having to dismantle it and order some capacitors in if none turn up.

Anyone here repaired or replaced the power supply on their C9?

I'm getting what I suspect is a power supply failure on my 65C9. Often when turning on the TV, the red led will flash and the the normal click can be heard several times before it turns on, on worse occasions it wont turn on at all and needs the power turned off at the wall for a minute before it will turn on.

Struggling to find a replacement power board though, and there's basically nothing I can find online about repairing it. I can happily swap out bad capacitors which certainly sounds like the issue. But the lack of information about it seems odd. I can find drabs of information about other models but virtually nothing on the C9. I'll keep an eye out on ebay for a week weeks and see if one turns up. But I may end up having to dismantle it and order some capacitors in if none turn up.

Anyone here repaired or replaced the power supply on their C9?

No but replacing it is easy, watched the LG techs replace them and it looks easy enough.

If you can buy one?

I'd suggest having a look at the board and searching for the board code. It's often down to search terms, annoyingly. But that said, you might find the issue just looking at the board. I wouldn't assume so as it sounds intermittent but... Worth a check.

Back
Top Bottom