LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Soldato
Yeah Plex is on HDMI but no luck with Atmos so far seems to just go to Dolby Audio or PCM.

What are you playing, a MKV blu ray rip or?

Sounds like the shield is decoding it to PCM, as if you have all the correct settings running it should do true hd uncompressed atmos if it's a proper rip ;)

OcUK Staff
What are you playing, a MKV blu ray rip or?

Sounds like the shield is decoding it to PCM, as if you have all the correct settings running it should do true hd uncompressed atmos if it's a proper rip ;)

No idea as it is not my server so I am not the one putting movies onto it.

Soldato

Unless the server is local and it is a true rip, then chances are very slim you will get full uncompressed audio etc, which is why it's more than likely all being compressed even the picture quality as well.

To put it into perspective, if you are watching a full mkv uncompressed rip then the size will be anywhere from 50-100gb. So unless you have a extremely fast internet connection and the other side can also upstream back that fast then that's the reason why. Even with 100mbps a 100gb file with no interruptions etc would still take around 2 hours 30 minutes to complete and that's on a straight download. Streaming will have greater limitations.

Soldato

So what you have there is a Ferrari of a TV (your OLED) but you're speed limited to 30mph (someone elses Plex server which is probably transcoding to lower quality or may be low quality to begin with).

Do yourself a favour and rip or stream stuff in high quality, the TV really works best with high bitrate content! :)

4K stuff on Netflix etc is fine, or if you're feeling adventurous get yourself a NAS and host your own Plex server where you can store original/remux copies that are 1:1 with the source bluray equivalents.

Soldato
is it possible to sign into a Sky Go account using the TV's built in webOS browser?
Doubtful - or more, just because you can login to a website doesn't mean it will have access to the TV's video decoder etc. Plus there's no paradigm for playback control - the browser treats remote control input as a cursor movement, so how will you control pause/play etc

Associate
LG CX UPDATE 3.10.41 RELEASED not known which countries, apparently no release notes as off yet. Doesn't work on mine yet.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well hopefully it's third time lucky tomorrow. Another new replacement coming. Second one had banding on left side noticeable on any greyish scene on inbuilt apps. The white scenes also had 2 inches of brown at the bottom and a black screen the same 2 inches wasn't pure black and more a dark grey. Absolute pain this is when my b7 was perfect. Could be sadly tempted to completely change to something else if tomorrow's has a problem.

OcUK Staff
Well hopefully it's third time lucky tomorrow. Another new replacement coming. Second one had banding on left side noticeable on any greyish scene on inbuilt apps. The white scenes also had 2 inches of brown at the bottom and a black screen the same 2 inches wasn't pure black and more a dark grey. Absolute pain this is when my b7 was perfect. Could be sadly tempted to completely change to something else if tomorrow's has a problem.

Bad times you would honestly expect the Q&A on any TV costing this much to be far higher, a human should be viewing each one and signing off.

Fortunately I’m gob smacked by my CX65 and should have gone OLED sooner but am also glad I went 65 over 55 as my worries over it looking to big in the room were very silly as it looks spot on and the picture quality is amazing.

Watch latest Malificent or however it’s spelt on Disney+ and the colours are jaw dropping and the Atmos effects on the SN11RG incredible it’s essentially like being in cinema when you crank volume and watch in darkness. :)

Soldato
Bad times you would honestly expect the Q&A on any TV costing this much to be far higher, a human should be viewing each one and signing off.

Fortunately I’m gob smacked by my CX65 and should have gone OLED sooner but am also glad I went 65 over 55 as my worries over it looking to big in the room were very silly as it looks spot on and the picture quality is amazing.

Watch latest Malificent or however it’s spelt on Disney+ and the colours are jaw dropping and the Atmos effects on the SN11RG incredible it’s essentially like being in cinema when you crank volume and watch in darkness. :)

I really need to watch some content on disney +. I purchased the year plan on offer at launch, but when all the bitrate throttling came into effect I held off as want to watch content at its best, besides the audio and picture is the movie any good?. Might watch this on mine, have a sonos arc as well so can test the atmos.

3rd time lucky?:)

Soldato
3 rd time lucky?:)

Right, it's up on the wall. The whites are white, the blacks are black. No dead pixels and cannot see any banding. Let's hope this is the one and I can finally enjoy it. Little light and dark room pictures. :D

20200729-175401.jpg

20200729-191729.jpg

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
I really need to watch some content on disney +. I purchased the year plan on offer at launch, but when all the bitrate throttling came into effect I held off as want to watch content at its best, besides the audio and picture is the movie any good?. Might watch this on mine, have a sonos arc as well so can test the atmos.

3rd time lucky?:)

I enjoyed the movie yes and found it better than the first one.

Soldato
Right, it's up on the wall. The whites are white, the blacks are black. No dead pixels and cannot see any banding. Let's hope this is the one and I can finally enjoy it. Little light and dark room pictures. :D

20200729-175401.jpg

20200729-191729.jpg
Is that a tv or painting? Looks fantastic

Back
Top Bottom