LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Associate
My wall mount arrived today. Is there somewhere I can find out where the vesa mount is positioned on the TV? (55") Is it central or higher /lower to the centre?
I want to get it on the wall ready..

So excited.

Not felt like this since last time santa visited

Soldato
My wall mount arrived today. Is there somewhere I can find out where the vesa mount is positioned on the TV? (55") Is it central or higher /lower to the centre?
I want to get it on the wall ready..

So excited.

Not felt like this since last time santa visited
The VESA holes are lower as the main chassis of the TV is only along the bottom. So you'll need to put the bracket lower than expected. Honestly though, I'd wait til you have it all with you. I have a 55 and might be able to measure but it's not that easy to communicate all the variables!

Associate
The VESA holes are lower as the main chassis of the TV is only along the bottom. So you'll need to put the bracket lower than expected. Honestly though, I'd wait til you have it all with you. I have a 55 and might be able to measure but it's not that easy to communicate all the variables!
Thanks man. I understand your point in waiting but I figured if I got a piece of cardboard I could 'dummy' it up and get the bracket on without any weight, cos the bracket weights 8kg in itself. Was hoping for a diagram somewhere online...

Soldato
Thanks man. I understand your point in waiting but I figured if I got a piece of cardboard I could 'dummy' it up and get the bracket on without any weight, cos the bracket weights 8kg in itself. Was hoping for a diagram somewhere online...
TV is 70cm tall and 122.5cm wide. Top screws are 35cm from the top edge. Bottom screws are 14cm from the bottom. Allowing for 1cm error due to screw heads etc that sounds like they're 20cm apart so the numbers add up.

I would like to add a disclaimer here that I measured it in situ with a tape measure slid up and down behind the TV and accept no responsibility for angry DIY swearing :D

Edit: Just to confirm this is a 55".

Soldato
They do have some banding usually pink and blue tints when on white screen. OLEDS have this it’s unfortunately part of the way they are made. Pure whites are not a strong point of OLED.

Soldato
Anyone upgraded from a Samsung KS9000 to one of these? Opinions on whether it's worth it? Due to recent wins in the stock market I'm sorely tempted by the 77' version but would happily settle for a 65' if the difference is big enough. Just don't know if the upgrade is worth it over what I have at the moment. I've had a proper look at the 77' in store and while it's undeniably gorgeous, I just don't know how gorgeous over the KS9000. The only thing is that I have the KS9000 in 65' so replacing it like for like with a 65', don't know if that's going to be much of an eye-popping upgrade. I'm almost forced to go for the 77'.

Soldato
Anyone upgraded from a Samsung KS9000 to one of these? Opinions on whether it's worth it? Due to recent wins in the stock market I'm sorely tempted by the 77' version but would happily settle for a 65' if the difference is big enough. Just don't know if the upgrade is worth it over what I have at the moment. I've had a proper look at the 77' in store and while it's undeniably gorgeous, I just don't know how gorgeous over the KS9000. The only thing is that I have the KS9000 in 65' so replacing it like for like with a 65', don't know if that's going to be much of an eye-popping upgrade. I'm almost forced to go for the 77'.

not had the 9000 but did have the KS7000 and now C9 rather then CX. It is going to be an upgrade in most areas and a bunch of cumulative upgrades in most areas for an overall better package. How significant that may be will vary. If you watch content in in a slightly more brightly lit room so do not see the blooming or lack of blacks that easily, then it may not be as significant as if you watch it in the evenings / darkened room where blooming is likely more noticeable and the perfect blacks of OLEDs come into play. Add in the other areas the OLED will be better and yeah overall the OLED will be a nice upgrade over that edge lit model imo. Personally it won’t be a revelation like moment, but it will be noticeably better for most content in terms of upgrade.

oh go 77” you know you want too :p

Soldato

Imo the upgrade isn't going to blow you away. KS9000 is a very good TV. I would wait to upgrade until a proper miniLED or QDCC TV appears, so you get the best of both worlds. That's at least 2 years away.

OcUK Staff
No problem Gibbo was just curious if they would release a cheaper model of the the 48"CX. Enjoy your tv when you get it:D

mum sure they maybe will and would kind of make sense for them to do so as would no doubt give them best priced OLED on the market, time will tell!

Soldato
Mine arrived on Friday, managed to get it up all safely bar slight adjustments on the mount as slightly different position.

Overall definitely impressed, feel it is quite a leap from my B7. Never used to like trumotion at all, but finding I am using the cinema clear mode and really liking it. Standard normal HD movies seem to upscale even greater. I only just watched Alpha the other day on Netflix on my previous model and just tested it again and it looks crystal clear like uhd. Also breifly had Dragons Den on sky (bb2 hd) and even that looks so much better seeing all their wrinkles even more so :p

Haven't had the chance to play around with too many settings yet, but not sure I will need to as seems pretty much spot on out of the box, unless anyone can recommend changing anything as a must.

ScKzH5z.jpg
KkvlLLS.jpg

Soldato
Do the cx & bx have the same panel ...I thought the 48" panels were only from the newer, larger substrate fabs, so, making a bx unlikely if they use older panels.

edit: failed to answer that did see this comment on reddit
"it may also lack the AV1 video decoder which is the next gen video tech the internet will shift to over the next decade so internal apps wont be able to play AV1."
Discussions on h266, last week, but, av1 is something netflix is already using

Overall definitely impressed, feel it is quite a leap from my B7 ....
that raised the question of whether a panasonic/sony oled a year back would have, already, delivered the same motion quality.
The little football and rugby I watch, I expect that must benefit from trumotion, with their perpetual, panning, same background, versus, most movies.

Soldato
We will that lasted long. 2 days and I've already got lines going across the TV. Tried a pixel refresh and it's got worse. Looks like a new panel needed :/

Associate
CX 65inch, tried to future proof connections as well. Channeled into the wall 2x HDMI 2.1 cables, Cat 8 cable and a 6 socket extension behind the Tv and 6 socket in the cabinet. The Orbi has 4 lan sockets too.

1w36gV9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom