LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Soldato
How do these TVs fair if placed with a window opposite? It's North facing so never direct sun. I'm wondering if a QLED might be better.

Soldato
How do these TVs fair if placed with a window opposite? It's North facing so never direct sun. I'm wondering if a QLED might be better.
I have my TV setup not too bright (i.e. brightness around 50-70) and it can get annoying in daytime hours. I've got a window directly to the side of the TV facing west (TV is in the north wall).

It's not a problem for me - but that's probably best the only content I watch during the day would be TV series on lunch breaks.

So not a firm no, but YMMV depending on your intended use and how picky you are. I find it really highlights any dust on the TV so tends to drive me cleaning it!

Soldato
Some disks will have Dolby Digital and DTS on them and it will use whichever is available.

Yes the CX cannot play DTS at all.

Believe the PlayStation should be able to convert it to LPCM though.

Are all these settings set on the TV:

Sound out: HDMI ARC

Additional settings:

DTV Audio Setting: Auto

HDMI input audio format: Bitstream

Digital sound out: pass through

eARC: Enabled

I will confirm the settings match yours :) thanks for the info!

Soldato
I have probably an unusual question. But, how do I turn off Simplink?

I have it turned off on the receiver and the TV. But as soon as I turn on the TV, it turns on the receiver. When I go into connection settings on the TV, it has re-enabled Simplink by itself. When I check the AV receiver it's still off.

How do I force it off and not come back on each time I turn on the TV?

Caporegime
I have probably an unusual question. But, how do I turn off Simplink?

I have it turned off on the receiver and the TV. But as soon as I turn on the TV, it turns on the receiver. When I go into connection settings on the TV, it has re-enabled Simplink by itself. When I check the AV receiver it's still off.

How do I force it off and not come back on each time I turn on the TV?
You probably have it plugged into the ARC HDMI port, try a different one (they are labelled).

Caporegime
You can still turn it off…. Moving hdmi ports isn’t a proper fix.

Go into settings / connection / device connection setting .Turn off simplink option

You might have to be on that hdmi port before going into options to disable it tho.
He said he had already turned Simplink off on the receiver and TV and it came back on automatically...

Soldato
You probably have it plugged into the ARC HDMI port, try a different one (they are labelled).

I need it plugged into the ARC HDMI port. Why can I not turn it off on this port??

Go into settings / connection / device connection setting .Turn off simplink option

You might have to be on that hdmi port before going into options to disable it tho.

That's what I do, And I have tried going into each active HDMI port, but, once I disable it on one it's disabled on them all.

But as soon as I restart the tv Simplink is enabled again.

Soldato
He said he had already turned Simplink off on the receiver and TV and it came back on automatically...

It only comes back on automatically on the TV. It stays disabled on the receiver. Which makes it more bizarre. Every device attached to the receiver has Simplink turned off too. Just in case!!

Soldato
It only comes back on automatically on the TV. It stays disabled on the receiver. Which makes it more bizarre. Every device attached to the receiver has Simplink turned off too. Just in case!!

I’ve not fiddled with mine ….. but I can see auto device detection is selected as on and Auto power sync is on by default ( but greyed out ).

Not sure if that does anything.

Caporegime
I need it plugged into the ARC HDMI port. Why can I not turn it off on this port??

That's what I do, And I have tried going into each active HDMI port, but, once I disable it on one it's disabled on them all.

But as soon as I restart the tv Simplink is enabled again.
Did you also turn off the "auto power sync" option too?

Associate
Have to be honest, Unless I am a firmware behind, I am having no issues with google assistant. Asking google to change the volume or turn the TV off all seems to work fine.
I normally just say Goodnight google and all the smart stuff in the living room turns off. But I checked doing it individually, and all is well.
Very rarely use the app, but tried that also and all is good.

I do remember paring the TV and phone was clumsy, As you end up with a "LGWebOS TV", and just a "TV" on google home.

If you mean setting the TV up to perform actions, that's something I have not done. With 4 hubs and 3 phones, she's always listening anyway.
:D

Well, I spoke to soon. Google Integration no longer works for me either. I simply cannot add the TV to the Google Home app. It tells me I have no devices registered to the ThinQ app, even though the app happily controls my TV.
Its something to do with the ThinQ registration side of things, in that the app no longer links the account info to the TV. Trying to log in from the TV fails with a temporary error.
I have emailed LG. If they can be bothered to fix it, I will report back.

Soldato
My LG CX is fine with my Sonos Beam 2 connected via eARC. You get LPCM 5.1 using the switch.

Sorry to bother you again, I'm also thinking my pc surround issues may be solved by getting a gen 2 beam.

So the LGCX passes through LPCM no problem?

It's hard to get a definitive answer on Google as I see a lot of threads about people saying it shows up as 7.1 instead of 5.1 and causes all manner of issues but then these are threads from a while back and may have since been sorted via updates etc

Back
Top Bottom