LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Soldato
Soldato
Soldato
:mad:Well my 18month old 65" CX died last night (delivered dec 3rd 2020) powered off mid-epic fight in season 3 of "the boy" with the standby light wouldn't switch on. Unplugged for 10mins and plugged it back in, no light at all but still draws 6w+.

TBH i had be having some random restarts for a while but it's very dead now,

Already been on the phone with JL, someone is picking it up tomorrow for a repair attempt. Hopefully, it be fixed quickly or refunded even if the C2 is what £500 more than what I paid the the CX

Soldato
:mad:Well my 18month old 65" CX died last night (delivered dec 3rd 2020) powered off mid-epic fight in season 3 of "the boy" with the standby light wouldn't switch on. Unplugged for 10mins and plugged it back in, no light at all but still draws 6w+.

TBH i had be having some random restarts for a while but it's very dead now,

Already been on the phone with JL, someone is picking it up tomorrow for a repair attempt. Hopefully, it be fixed quickly or refunded even if the C2 is what £500 more than what I paid the the CX

That sucks. They are usually pretty reliable, haven't heard of many OLEDs just dying like that.

Did they give you any idea of how long it will take?

Soldato
That sucks. They are usually pretty reliable, haven't heard of many OLEDs just dying like that.

Did they give you any idea of how long it will take?
They picked up on tuseday had a call on Thursday (dead motherboard) had it back the following tusedsy (Aug 30th) was hoping for a refund considering I can get a c1 for 200quid less what I paid or onlt about 200 for a c2 lol.

If it dies again I will insist lol

Soldato
They picked up on tuseday had a call on Thursday (dead motherboard) had it back the following tusedsy (Aug 30th) was hoping for a refund considering I can get a c1 for 200quid less what I paid or onlt about 200 for a c2 lol.

If it dies again I will insist lol

That was pretty quick actually!! Much quicker than I thought.

lol, well, break it better next time :p

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Had a fright last night. Came home and put the TV on and it had a triangle wedge shaped dark patch on the screen. Think it must be something to do with the sunlight and the auto compensation cycle (I learned something!) Running when sunlight is in the screen. I usually close the blinds to avoid it but went out in a rush in the morning and forgot to do it. For a second I thought it was fudged. :eek:
But thankfully it's fine today after scheduling the pixel refresh overnight.

Edit: like this...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom