LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Associate
Currently on to JL about a blue tint across the whole screen that's manifested itself over the last week or so. Really noticeable lack of vibrancy with the colours, all the usual troubleshooting tips followed to no avail.

Anyone experienced the same symptoms? I had a back light failure on an old LG but that it only affected part of the screen though the colours are strikingly similar

Soldato
You know when you start the TV and sometimes it displays messages in white at the top right of the screen. Like the one advertising 3 months of Apple TV for free?

Is there any way to read those messages later? I couldn't find any message box or anything like that.

Associate
You know when you start the TV and sometimes it displays messages in white at the top right of the screen. Like the one advertising 3 months of Apple TV for free?

Is there any way to read those messages later? I couldn't find any message box or anything like that.
I think they're in the Notifications section of the Support Menu option.

V_R

V_R

Soldato

I think they're in the Notifications section of the Support Menu option.
^ This.

Associate
I’m comparing my iPhone 13 Pro screen vs lg cx. Even on YouTube I’m watching say “John wick hdr scene” and same on my tv, the iPhone is leagues better with highlights and shadow details.

I’m using my cx with pc, madvr on proper hdr settings, tv brightness full, peak brightness full, black level auto, full HDMI 2.1 output, Nvidia 12 bit full, the movie is a high quality hdr version.

Oled 100
Contrast 100
Brightness 50
Dtm high (or even off still doesn’t get the same)
Dynamic contrast low or high
Black level auto

Is there anything I’m missing to get similar quality as the iPhone because it looks superior like a jump from led to oled.

Soldato
I’m comparing my iPhone 13 Pro screen vs lg cx. Even on YouTube I’m watching say “John wick hdr scene” and same on my tv, the iPhone is leagues better with highlights and shadow details.

I’m using my cx with pc, madvr on proper hdr settings, tv brightness full, peak brightness full, black level auto, full HDMI 2.1 output, Nvidia 12 bit full, the movie is a high quality hdr version.

Oled 100
Contrast 100
Brightness 50
Black level auto

Is there anything I’m missing to get similar quality as the iPhone because it looks superior like a jump from led to oled.
What you are missing is a proper calibration (Either professionally or yourself using LG Calman + Colourimeter). It can make a massive difference but that is $ you might not want/have to spend.

Associate

Oled 100
Contrast 100
Brightness 50
Black level auto

This could be a compression / bit rate issue.

Check things like refresh rate, resolution, colour but depth and colour space settings

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I've tried everything to stop them, the only way is to turn off the TVs internet connection. It's the only reason I'm hesitant to buy another LG tv.
Doesn't really bother me tbh, they flash up when it starts up and them I never see them again.

Back
Top Bottom