LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Soldato
Can you not just deselect DTS in the plex app settings?

I ripped all my blurays with only the DTS Master Audio track. When you deselect DTS audio in the plex settings it transcodes it to AC3.

I bought a 4K UHD player and am back to playing my blurays through that instead.

Associate
Anybody have any tips regarding settings that may help reduce grain?

I've watched a couple of bits on my new 48 inch cx and I'm finding the couple of blu rays I've watched seem to be quite grainy. They were pro probably shot awhile back so I surpose that's something your always going to get is it? Game of thrones series 1 is one I've just started.

Associate
It's all set up and I am well impressed. Had to move my wall bracket lower due to the Vesa position, (it's in an a IKEA unit) but everything is up and running well.
First 4k tv, so went straight to Amazon prime and just watched Our man in Japan as a test. Fabulous picture and the program was ok as well.
Sky Q also seems fine, although picture is understandably a little softer.
Picture mode at the minute is Expert dark, motion off and that seems ok for now, with the colour slightly lowered. I hate saturated colours. I will experiment more over the weekend.
TV Found my server and plays my rips fine. Just playing Everybody's golf on PS4 with my daughter,(she loves the fishing). Really impressed so far.

Soldato
Associate
Someone posted these setting in the 48CX thread. They are useful for PC/PS5/XBOX

https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED_Gaming/comments/ixhy39/lg_cx_gamingpc_monitor_recommended_settings/s

That info is only helps if you have a 3080 card

It's all set up and I am well impressed. Had to move my wall bracket lower due to the Vesa position, (it's in an a IKEA unit) but everything is up and running well.
First 4k tv, so went straight to Amazon prime and just watched Our man in Japan as a test. Fabulous picture and the program was ok as well.
Sky Q also seems fine, although picture is understandably a little softer.
Picture mode at the minute is Expert dark, motion off and that seems ok for now, with the colour slightly lowered. I hate saturated colours. I will experiment more over the weekend.
TV Found my server and plays my rips fine. Just playing Everybody's golf on PS4 with my daughter,(she loves the fishing). Really impressed so far.

Now you have gone OLED there is no going back:), what size did you buy;)

Associate
55" it fits nicely. Only problem is, wife loves it so much, she has binged on Amazon prime movies all weekend.
I have to comment about the sound. It's really not bad considering. I am not a huge audio buff but thought I may need to use my existing low end soundbar. That's now gone upstairs and hooked up to my G20 plasma.

Soldato
I sincerely hope so. I will try and post some pics once its up and running.:)

Trust me... You will not be disappointed.

uc

Associate
Anyone else having issues with Itv hub following the new firmware update? Unable to view anything within the hub, ads work fine by after that I get pop error.. That to the side everything else is working fine. I've tried reinstalling and factory reset with no joy... Thanks

Soldato
Anyone else having issues with Itv hub following the new firmware update? Unable to view anything within the hub, ads work fine by after that I get pop error.. That to the side everything else is working fine. I've tried reinstalling and factory reset with no joy... Thanks

Fine here and the update seems to have somewhat improved picture quality, that alongside now being able to stream Prime 4k has made me quite happy :)

Associate
55" it fits nicely. Only problem is, wife loves it so much, she has binged on Amazon prime movies all weekend.
I have to comment about the sound. It's really not bad considering. I am not a huge audio buff but thought I may need to use my existing low end soundbar. That's now gone upstairs and hooked up to my G20 plasma.

When I first got my 55cx oled the wife eyes open and a smile, but then I took it in my gaming room, if women eyes can kill I be dead by now:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom