LG OLED 2023 Thread - A3, B3, C3, G3

Soldato
Something that people with the LG TVs might be able to help me with is.. Is there a way to get PiP to work with the smart interface app and an input? so for instance if i was playing a game on the PS5 could i have the alexa app in the PiP so if i get deliveries it will alert me on there?

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Reconsidering getting the 65 C3. I’ve got a 65inch QN94A and a 50inch QN94A but have always found the local dimming to be a bit laggy. It’s fine for gaming but noticeable on tv/films so have to have it off which means lower brightness somehow.

Where am I best keeping eyes on for a good deal?

Current rate seems to be £1250.

Last edited:
Soldato
Reconsidering getting the 65 C3. I’ve got a 65inch QN94A and a 50inch QN94A but have always found the local dimming to be a bit laggy. It’s fine for gaming but noticeable on tv/films so have to have it off which means lower brightness somehow.

I bought my C3 65" from 2 vowels, as they sell computer equipment I don't want to mention them directly, for £1110.60 last week but they keep changing the price on it more often than I change my pants.

Reactions: Kol
Soldato

65" G2 is £1079 at crampton and moore.

Soldato
Out of interest, why pick a C3 rather than a Samsung S90C? Reviews seem to be conflicting so I can't decide. I can get the Samsung £200 cheaper when I factor in the soundbar. I've got an LG B7V at the minute, which has held up great so I do feel naturally inclined to stick with LG. Some have said the newer OLED technology beats any benefit of the Dolby Vision technology that the C3 has.

Soldato

Last week it was £1299 but with 10% off making it 1169 inc delivery..

Richer Sounds currently have for £1199.

Last edited:
Soldato
Out of interest, why pick a C3 rather than a Samsung S90C? Reviews seem to be conflicting so I can't decide. I can get the Samsung £200 cheaper when I factor in the soundbar. I've got an LG B7V at the minute, which has held up great so I do feel naturally inclined to stick with LG. Some have said the newer OLED technology beats any benefit of the Dolby Vision technology that the C3 has.

I was in the same situation either the G3 or the S90C. Last bank holiday Samsung had a great deal on, £200 trade in for a previous tv ( think any brand was ok), plus a further 15% off. This gave me £500 discount, total price paid £999 for the 65".

It was delivered last Thursday and I am very pleased with, the image quality is amazing especially on the ps5. Deep blacks too.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

I have a C3 and S95B and there’s little between them. I’ve modded my S95B so that it’s brighter, in-line with the S90C. It’s brighter and more colourful than the C3. I prefer the UI on the C3 though.

Soldato
Despite the C3's remote being cheap plastic tat, at least it's not as sensitive as my C9's. It takes a fair bit more effort to get the cursor up on the screen. Just a shame, given the launch price of these LG OLEDs, they don't come with a better quality remote. Tightwads.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Finally bit the bullet with the one you mentioned @ElliorR - it went out of stock at a decent price, which I hesitated on, then a day later when up to £1500. This afternoon it was £1279 or so with 10% off, or even cheaper if taking the membership (another £60ish off). Lastly, £10 off as a new customer.

In the end it came to £1058.40 + £40 for membership (topcashback another couple of % should take care of that) and then finally 1.5% on my Amex so all in all a decent price! The membership will probably be used again anyway so free delivery for a year is a bonus.

Thanks for the heads up!

Soldato
Finally bit the bullet with the one you mentioned @ElliorR - it went out of stock at a decent price, which I hesitated on, then a day later when up to £1500. This afternoon it was £1279 or so with 10% off, or even cheaper if taking the membership (another £60ish off). Lastly, £10 off as a new customer.

In the end it came to £1058.40 + £40 for membership (topcashback another couple of % should take care of that) and then finally 1.5% on my Amex so all in all a decent price! The membership will probably be used again anyway so free delivery for a year is a bonus.

Thanks for the heads up!

You’re welcome. It’s a great TV, a nice upgrade from my 55” C9, and for what I paid for it I’m very happy though you’ve done even better.

Associate
Motion ghosting from my 55" c3.
When I'm watching sport I've noticed a sort of blurriness. If I'm watching cricket and the screen is focused on a player running infant of the crowd I see a watery blur around the player any idea.

Back
Top Bottom