LG OLED 2023 Thread - A3, B3, C3, G3

Soldato
Hey! So on an an ultra HD blu ray I have that source set to a cinema mode (custom). 16:9 aspect with just scan on.

Brightness and contrast 100. Black level 55. Dynamic contrast off. Tone mapping on. Expression enhancer off (is this a new setting?!). Peak brightness high. Video range auto and eye care off.

All colour settings untouched.

Sharpness 10. Super resolution off. Noise/mpeg on low. Gradation on high. Trumotion on cinematic.

Thatll probs annoy many purists haha.

Again taken from phone...

GG-vol3.jpg

Don't you find 100 contrast/oled light eye burning bright? It actually hurts my eyes on my c9

Oh don't set "brightness" to 100 lol that is black level

Soldato
I assume he means OLED light when he says brightness, though his black level should be on 50 and not 55.

I don’t find 100 contrast and OLED light to be eye burning bright because HDR uses those settings differently so it’s not like the entire screen is blindingly bright, just the parts that are intended to be.

Soldato
I assume he means OLED light when he says brightness, though his black level should be on 50 and not 55.

I don’t find 100 contrast and OLED light to be eye burning bright because HDR uses those settings differently so it’s not like the entire screen is blindingly bright, just the parts that are intended to be.

Yeah I just don't like it with high light output areas, where it's so bright, where you have to squint.

"Peak brightness" is another setting can use on C9.

I noticed difference between SD 1080p and Alien HDR in these two bits, the ship landing lights, and the rotating light

Soldato

Aye oled pixel brightness 100 when on 4k HDR content. I couldn't get away with 50 on black level unfortunately. I always felt like it needed a slight boost (decrease) . Personal taste I guess.

Soldato
Aye oled pixel brightness 100 when on 4k HDR content. I couldn't get away with 50 on black level unfortunately. I always felt like it needed a slight boost (decrease) . Personal taste I guess.
But a 55 black level is an increase I’m surprised you don’t end up with slightly grey blacks. The default is 50 and considered correct, even professional calibration doesn’t change it.

In a pitch black room with black level on 50 you can’t see any light at all from my OLED on a black screen it’s like the TV is off.

Last edited:
Soldato
But a 55 black level is an increase I’m surprised you don’t end up with slightly grey blacks. The default is 50 and considered correct, even professional calibration doesn’t change it.

In a pitch black room with black level on 50 you can’t see any light at all from my OLED on a black screen it’s like the TV is off.
Indeed. 50 tops. Some movies I even drop down to 48.

Back
Top Bottom