Liam Payne dead at 31 (One direction)

Remember a guy from work doing the same. Stepped in front of a lorry :(
MY old traffic planner at Eddie Stobart had this happen to him when he was driving, he was still traumatized by the experience a decade on - he was a great planner, but never drove a truck again after this incredibly selfish act, which I'm sorry to say, it was.

I just learned he was born in the same hospital I was born at.

For all his money he seemed to be struggling with some issues in his personal life. His ex-fiancé had recently issued a cease and desist for contacting her too much (often talking about him dying) which seems a bit strange as he's been with his current girlfriend for 2 years. The current girlfriend had left him 2 days prior to his death and was relieved to be back home in Florida.

Co-parenting can also be a tricky road to navigate and can leave you feeling down when you're away for long periods from your child.

He was in Argentina originally supporting his 1D fellow member who had a concert and was also there with his girlfriend and other friends by the looks of it but then unfortunately ended up all alone in a hotel with a balcony surrounded by drugs and alcohol. I feel sad for his 7 year old son who will have to be told his Dad is no longer with us and has to grow up without him.

I just learned he was born in the same hospital I was born at.

For all his money he seemed to be struggling with some issues in his personal life. His ex-fiancé had recently issued a cease and desist for contacting her too much (often talking about him dying) which seems a bit strange as he's been with his current girlfriend for 2 years. The current girlfriend had left him 2 days prior to his death and was relieved to be back home in Florida.

Co-parenting can also be a tricky road to navigate and can leave you feeling down when you're away for long periods from your child.

He was in Argentina originally supporting his 1D fellow member who had a concert and was also there with his girlfriend and other friends by the looks of it but then unfortunately ended up all alone in a hotel with a balcony surrounded by drugs and alcohol. I feel sad for his 7 year old son who will have to be told his Dad is no longer with us and has to grow up without him.

I didn't know anything about him before this thread, I feel sorry for his kid but the guy sounds like he was a bell end.

While I dont really have an opinion one way or another, what I find sad, is on the radio its all about him as a musician and artist, yet on the various 'news' websites its all about how he was troubled and struggled with drink and drugs and was abusive to his ex-girlfriends, the guys still warm and yet some of the things you see being put out there are just in bad taste IMHO...

Wonder why, when things like this come out less than 24h after someone dies there's a lack of compassion, why primarily guys, take their own lives rather than reaching out to someone....
Simple really - it gets them clicks/viewers/listeners.

There will be no end of YouTube grifters on it too.

Last edited:
Yeah it's definitely sad but they really overuse the "BREAKING NEWS" ticker. It's flashed up for everything now.

Reminds me of the BBC. I've had to mute the notifications on the app as I must have been getting over a dozen breaking news alerts daily. In reality you'd be lucky if genuinely one of those was actual breaking news.

The crazy thing is if he hadn't followed his dream and just lived a normal life that the majority of us have, he would probably be still alive.

Fame is a funny old thing that evolution is yet to adapt for.

He probably had more excitement, thrills and experiences than many others who live a drab but 80 or so year long life though..

Don't know which is better really.

Back
Top Bottom