Lian Li O11 EVO

So far in my experience these o11 cases don't have great airflow, they can be good but requires some effort to get there.

im still playing around with different configurations but everything so far points to just setting every fan to exhaust giving the best temps for radiators

I personally wouldn't get a O11D for air cooling as the end solution

wonder if its the vents/air filters not bringing in much air flow ? 011 EVO being more air cooling optimized with its mesh will be interesting to see the difference

Last edited:
6 intake / 4 exhaust seems to work fine here.
True.
Tried the O11 Air, which should bring directed (and more of it) airflow (not the odd side intake as some reviewers and users mention), but nope.
As long as you set enough intake and reasonable exhaust, temperatures can be as good as any optimized airflow case.
The XL makes better use of the bottom intake (better floor clearance compared to the regular O11).
I'm interested on the EVO version, but not enough to justify replacing my XL.

True.
Tried the O11 Air, which should bring directed (and more of it) airflow (not the odd side intake as some reviewers and users mention), but nope.
As long as you set enough intake and reasonable exhaust, temperatures can be as good as any optimized airflow case.
The XL makes better use of the bottom intake (better floor clearance compared to the regular O11).
I'm interested on the EVO version, but not enough to justify replacing my XL.

I would also be very surprised if the EVO brought much difference in temps compared to the XL, at first i used 6 intake / 1 exhaust and compared to my fan setup now the temps are very different. It really does come down to planning the airflow in the case you have.

6 intake / 4 exhaust ( temp difference was -15c on the CPU & -30c/-20c on motherboard and ssd )

I think that GPU mount is cool, like that feature

Everything else though not for me, I like the O11D and that's what I plan to get, it's a shame there's not a snow edition of it as I didn't want to go mini and have to change power supply

with the mesh it should give more airflow, but looking at the bottom it still looks the same as the last version so doesnt seem will be any improvement

Always liked the look of the 011 Dynamic to showcase the internals so looking forward to this

My main issue with the original 011 was heatsink headroom.
To me it will depend on the price range, will it be priced the same as the XL or the 011d,

011D owner here. I don't like any of the new features. Only thing lian-li should do to the case is make it a tad wider for the bigger air coolers as some of us don't want water cooling.
This one of the reasons I never got one, even when I really wanted to buy it.

Any more updates on a release date for the EVO?.... I assume it must be due before Christmas

on lian li's reddit page says E: Confirmed Mid/Late Oct , wouldnt be surprised if it was delayed again been waiting for this since it was first announced 6 months ago ? I've upgraded everything but still using 5 year old case :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom