** LIAN-LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC EDITION - A NEW ENTHUSIAST PRICE/PERFORMANCE CONTENDER ARRIVES **

Soldato
/\/\/\ 011xl is a bit bigger, 13mm wider, 25mm taller & 68mm taller. It has more USB ports & an RGB strip at the front of the case. 1 Extra PCI-e slot. is able to fit a 120mm fan at the back. Extra width means most of the big air coolers will fit which isnt the case in the original 011D.

Thanks, After having the primo for a few years I wanted to get a new case something a little smaller this time but still as good which I wont be disappointed in, Im leaning toward the 011 for my next case, so wanted to compare them and get some thoughts from owners. other then the 011 dynamic and XL lian li seams to have a few other models is it worth looking at them ?
I'm also a little worried the design may become old very quick and also I maybe cleaning finger prints all the time (any thoughts)
Im not bothered about the extra USB ports but the RGB looks nice, can it be purchased separately ?
I dont think extra pci-e slot would matter but you never know.
The extra storage option would be nice 4x 3.5" HDD instead of 2 and 4 and the rear 120cm would be good.

Compared to the primo even the xl would still be smaller so both tick the box.

I would be air cooling so I was worried about the CPU height would limit me ( I have a noctua u12s) to a basic heatsink or need to switch to a aio which would be a extra £100 to switch.
GPU height maybe a issue as I dont know the height.

the 011 does have some issue the biggest would be the cpu height the rest I could live with , the XL is not much bigger but It does give me the extra room and improves a few things but I dont know if its worth paying extra £60-£70 for.

Associate
I have the XL version and it's a great case - but pretty heavy. It would have been nice if it had optional wheels as it's hard to move around on the floor. It sits under my desk and my puppy likes to lick the damn glass while trying to get at the pretty LED lights lol. So yeah, it has to be cleaned a lot. It offers good airflow, I'm using a 360 rad on the vertical rack with 6 fans in a push-pull arrangement. Just one extra 120 fan on the rear. The 4 slot HD rack accessible from the back is great as it means you don't need to open the case so much, I have two more 2.5" SSD drives on the rear of the wiring compartment cover. The case offers 162mm clearance (motherboard to side plate) which for an air cooler would equate to the maximum height of the cooler above the board.

Soldato
I would be air cooling so I was worried about the CPU height would limit me ( I have a noctua u12s) to a basic heatsink or need to switch to a aio which would be a extra £100 to switch.

There is a fairly large middle ground. Looking at Noctua alone, they have the U9S, D9L and C14S, which are all very capable coolers in a smaller profile. OC3D did a fairly comprehensive test a while back:

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/cpu_air_cooler_mega_test/39

Soldato
Im leaning toward the 011 for my next case, so wanted to compare them and get some thoughts from owners. other then the 011 dynamic and XL lian li seams to have a few other models is it worth looking at them? I'm also a little worried the design may become old very quick and also I maybe cleaning finger prints all the time (any thoughts)
Im not bothered about the extra USB ports but the RGB looks nice, can it be purchased separately ?
My 011 Dyanamic is a bit of a fingerprint magnet, but is not really much of an issue.
The lancool II looks a good case for the money, Your Noctua cooler will fit in it if the specs are right (176mm CPU Cooler clearance) & its £37 cheaper the the 011D

Lian-li do this case which has a fair bit of RGB:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £166.69 (includes shipping: £11.70)

Last edited:
Soldato
I have the XL version and it's a great case - but pretty heavy. It would have been nice if it had optional wheels as it's hard to move around on the floor. It sits under my desk and my puppy likes to lick the damn glass while trying to get at the pretty LED lights lol. So yeah, it has to be cleaned a lot. It offers good airflow, I'm using a 360 rad on the vertical rack with 6 fans in a push-pull arrangement. Just one extra 120 fan on the rear. The 4 slot HD rack accessible from the back is great as it means you don't need to open the case so much, I have two more 2.5" SSD drives on the rear of the wiring compartment cover. The case offers 162mm clearance (motherboard to side plate) which for an air cooler would equate to the maximum height of the cooler above the board.
Thanks, how often do you need to clean it also does the get scratched ? In a family home you cant keep things clean and shiny even my primo managed to get fingerprints and scratches over time so Im just thinking would the glass look a mess after some time ?

Do you have RGBs on non, if not does it still look good ? I have a mix noctua and phanteks fans so im not sure how good they would look in a glass case.

Im still looking at case but the 011 XL seams to be my favorite, modern great looking very well thought out not too big so it should last me a few years, im just trying to see if it missing anything I would use.

There is a fairly large middle ground. Looking at Noctua alone, they have the U9S, D9L and C14S, which are all very capable coolers in a smaller profile. OC3D did a fairly comprehensive test a while back:

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/cpu_air_cooler_mega_test/39

True, I could always take that route but Ill always be limited to something smaller
The only issues I had with the 011d was 1. CPU Cooler clearance, 2. no fan at the back, 3 no RGB light. 4. storage limitation

My 011 Dyanamic is a bit of a fingerprint magnet, but is not really much of an issue.
The lancool II looks a good case for the money, Your Noctua cooler will fit in it if the specs are right (176mm CPU Cooler clearance) & its £37 cheaper the the 011D

Lian-li do this case which has a fair bit of RGB:

Total: £166.69 (includes shipping: £11.70)

I have been looking at the Lancool 2 and upcoming 3 they are on my short list along with a few others but to be honest nothing look as different and modern like the 011 if you know what I mean.
I dont know if the case would look as good with a budget air cooled mishmash setup like mine but it would be nice to wish.

I did have a look at the RGB model it does look good but it would have same issue, 1. CPU Cooler clearance, 2. no fan at the back, 3. storage limitation.
if 011d had just that little bit more headroom it would have been perfect for the price.

The XL would be perfect but im not sure about paying £70-£80
Pc cases dont seam to hold the value for long, so its not like I would get much for it when I want to change.

Soldato
Thanks, how often do you need to clean it also does the get scratched ? In a family home you cant keep things clean and shiny even my primo managed to get fingerprints and scratches over time so Im just thinking would the glass look a mess after some time ?

Do you have RGBs on non, if not does it still look good ? I have a mix noctua and phanteks fans so im not sure how good they would look in a glass case.

This is mine, Posted in the 011D photos thread; 3 x Corsair LL120s & a couple of Phanteks LED strips.

Lian-Li PC-011 rig photos?

I may change the LED strips in it to Corsair ones at some point this year as there is a spare port on the Corsair fan LED hub

Pc cases dont seam to hold the value for long, so its not like I would get much for it when I want to change.

Correct: I sold one of my Silverstone LC17 Cases late last year on the auction site (no interest on the MM) I got less than a tenner for it, but I owned it a fair few years & it had more than its fair share of wear & tear. I guess that will be the same when it comes to sell my 011D.

Soldato
This is mine, Posted in the 011D photos thread; 3 x Corsair LL120s & a couple of Phanteks LED strips.

Lian-Li PC-011 rig photos?

I may change the LED strips in it to Corsair ones at some point this year as there is a spare port on the Corsair fan LED hub
Thanks again, Do you have a front view ?
The side view would be similar to most cases.

I have set new phanteks LED strips which I never used, Do they look OK in person and are the cosrsair ones much better ?

I will need to get some RGB fans as well at some point, are they still as pricey ?

The
Correct: I sold one of my Silverstone LC17 Cases late last year on the auction site (no interest on the MM) I got less than a tenner for it, but I owned it a fair few years & it had more than its fair share of wear & tear. I guess that will be the same when it comes to sell my 011D.

The size of the case, shipping would be a problem reducing interest even further.
Im kind of attached to the primo, i would have two minds about selling it even if i never used it.

Associate

Im still looking at case but the 011 XL seams to be my favorite, modern great looking very well thought out not too big so it should last me a few years, im just trying to see if it missing anything I would use.

Does it get scratched? it's tempered glass so you'd have to work at it, but you can scratch anything if you try hard enough. A quick wipe with a microfiber cloth and it's clean. It's a great case, plenty of room, flexible internal arrangements, good airflow, built-in LED controller box with buttons on the front of the case to make adjustments (or use software). LED lighting was not a feature high on my list of important requirements but yes it's there.

Soldato
Does it get scratched? it's tempered glass so you'd have to work at it, but you can scratch anything if you try hard enough. A quick wipe with a microfiber cloth and it's clean. It's a great case, plenty of room, flexible internal arrangements, good airflow, built-in LED controller box with buttons on the front of the case to make adjustments (or use software). LED lighting was not a feature high on my list of important requirements but yes it's there.
You know what I mean, its glass so any scratches would be noticeable even more with light shining on it.

Thanks again for the reply.

Soldato
Thanks again, Do you have a front view ?

I have set new phanteks LED strips which I never used, Do they look OK in person and are the corsair ones much better ?

I will need to get some RGB fans as well at some point, are they still as pricey ?

Sorry I don't have a front view, Its sitting on a shelf above my desk & I don't want to take it off there to take a photo. I may take a front photo if I have a problem or when I decide to upgrade.

The Phanteks strips I use are these:

Total: £23.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)​

They are 12v RGB which plug into my Tomahawk max board, they display one colour at a time. Said board does not have 5v ARGB headers, hence the reason for my future choice of Corsair led strips. They are more than double the price & I get the feeling that I will be paying for the name, but that's the nature of the beast.

These are the Cheapest ARGB fans OCUK do:
Total: £13.73 (includes shipping: £2.74)​

Soldato
I'd sit tight folks - I sense a copyright infringement Lawsuit by Lian-li against Phanteks because of this:

http://metallicgear.com/products/Neo-Qube-Black
Hmm, it looks like a low quality like for like clone.
They have added DRGB but have not improve anything else.
They made it a little wider but Cpu Clearance is only 148mm
Front I/O looks to be steel,

At a price £90 would you choose it over the Lian li

Soldato
No not really, if its anything like the build quality of the Eclipse P300 case which I built my nephews PC in 8 months ago, fair enough it was half the price of the 011D but if Phanteks more expensive cases have similar build quality I'd pick the Lian-li each time. This is my first Lian-li case & I've wanted one for some time now, I'm not disappointed.

Soldato
I find it weird that Phanteks launched a "budget" brand that broadly overlaps with the Phanteks main line. Really doesn't make a lot of sense.

As above, it would have to de really good to justify the meagre saving versus the original O11-D.

Soldato
Disappointed would be an understatement. I copy paste from another post:

AMD 3900X Bundle - AMD 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Elite, Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB 3600MHz Bundle

Stock Code BU-01W-AM

Out of stock

£652.99*
£652.99*

Lian-Li O11 Dynamic XL (ROG Certified) Aluminium Midi-Tower - Black

Stock Code CA-77K-LL

10+ In stock

£189.95*
£189.95*

NZXT Kraken X72 AIO Water Cooling Unit - 360mm

Stock Code HS-01H-NX

10+ In stock

Was: £149.99
£129.95*
£129.95*

Akasa FLEXA FP5, Smart PWM cable for 5 PWM case fans. (AK-CBFA03-45)

Stock Code CB-070-AK

4 In stock

£4.79*
£4.79*

Just bought this. There is a slight discount on this bundle (and I specifically wanted Gigabyte) compared to the first post.

So I just started examining the case and found the screws in a hard drive bay. I went to replace the trays and put the thumb screw back in and it wouldn't thread itself. So I got the LED torch out and I find that the threaded bore (hole with threads) is in a plate which is loose and not flush with the aperture the thumbscrew goes through. It took a good 30mins but I figured how the person who built the case manipulated the plate into place. Its impossible without taking the side panel off but you can just push it into place with your finger. In fact I had trouble simply removing the drive tray after I had initially removed it to get at the screws.

Having just read the above about build quality of the Lian-Li over other manufacturers, I must say I'm disappointed. I'm in two minds wether to send it back to OcUK, but that will cost an arm and a leg; and delay my new build.

Would OcUK send out a courier to pick it up? The other option is to just forget about it and put my newest drives in that bay, but before I could do that I'd need to shuck it first.

Associate
Disappointed would be an understatement. I copy paste from another post:

AMD 3900X Bundle - AMD 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Elite, Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB 3600MHz Bundle

Stock Code BU-01W-AM

Out of stock

£652.99*
£652.99*

Lian-Li O11 Dynamic XL (ROG Certified) Aluminium Midi-Tower - Black

Stock Code CA-77K-LL

10+ In stock

£189.95*
£189.95*

NZXT Kraken X72 AIO Water Cooling Unit - 360mm

Stock Code HS-01H-NX

10+ In stock

Was: £149.99
£129.95*
£129.95*

Akasa FLEXA FP5, Smart PWM cable for 5 PWM case fans. (AK-CBFA03-45)

Stock Code CB-070-AK

4 In stock

£4.79*
£4.79*

Just bought this. There is a slight discount on this bundle (and I specifically wanted Gigabyte) compared to the first post.

So I just started examining the case and found the screws in a hard drive bay. I went to replace the trays and put the thumb screw back in and it wouldn't thread itself. So I got the LED torch out and I find that the threaded bore (hole with threads) is in a plate which is loose and not flush with the aperture the thumbscrew goes through. It took a good 30mins but I figured how the person who built the case manipulated the plate into place. Its impossible without taking the side panel off but you can just push it into place with your finger. In fact I had trouble simply removing the drive tray after I had initially removed it to get at the screws.

Having just read the above about build quality of the Lian-Li over other manufacturers, I must say I'm disappointed. I'm in two minds wether to send it back to OcUK, but that will cost an arm and a leg; and delay my new build.

Would OcUK send out a courier to pick it up? The other option is to just forget about it and put my newest drives in that bay, but before I could do that I'd need to shuck it first.

You just slacken the screw a bit and slide the plate to the left in order to remove the drive carrier, you don't remove the screw. Installing is the reverse. It's a good system.

Soldato
You just slacken the screw a bit and slide the plate to the left in order to remove the drive carrier, you don't remove the screw. Installing is the reverse. It's a good system.
Wow, thx you saved me a lot of aggro. Glad I wasn't too hasty in putting it back in its box and asking for RMA. I wonder if they would have given me the same advice.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom