** LIAN-LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC EDITION - A NEW ENTHUSIAST PRICE/PERFORMANCE CONTENDER ARRIVES **

Associate
I'm generally happy with mine, but there's a few shaky quality areas here and there. I think the Razer tie in and the addressable RGB strips with controller have eaten a chunk of the budget. :D Undoing the thumbscrews on the top panel for the first time revealed they were both actually crossthreaded, so its a mess of swarf up there. Good job it only holds the top panel from sliding. The other gripe I have is the back of the case. Why dust filters on the top, bottom and sides, then a gaping hole above the PCI bays and non filtered slots where almost all cases have a rear exit?

Once its all together it looks great though. Thanks to OCUK for agreeing to swap the mopuse for a strimer cable, great customer service. :)

Soldato
Yep I had exactly the same problem with the top screws that you did.

I've just put the Thermaltake Riing Trio fans in mine, not cheap but they do look good!

np6BHWqh.jpg

Considering dropping the AIO cooler though, the pump is not as quiet as I'd like. Might go back to an air cooler, doesn't look as neat though!

My 2080 is going back as one of the fans is making a chirping sound at low RPM's, and it's not the version that stops the fans at idle. Instead I am getting an MSI Gaming X 2080 off the MM here, that looks like it will work as I want :)

Soldato
I'm considering this case for my new setup.

I've been using a Fractal R5 but want some more visibility inside the case

I just want to know if my proposed configuration would work

* vertical mount the GPU
* mount 360mm AIO cpu cooler to side air outtake with 6 120mm fans in push and pull
* mount 3 120mm fans to the top as outtake
* mount 3 120mm fans to the bottom as intake

My Fractal r5 has a lot of fans and is a very cool case, will the O11 with this configuration also be a good cool case?

Associate

* vertical mount the GPU
* mount 360mm AIO cpu cooler to side air outtake with 6 120mm fans in push and pull

My Fractal r5 has a lot of fans and is a very cool case, will the O11 with this configuration also be a good cool case?
Mounting the gpu vertically and putting 3 fans in the bottom is not done as standard. It can be done and there are examples online as to how people do it but it may require a little bit of jiggerypocery!

I run 3 fans on bot as intake 3 on top as intake and 3 exhaust on side. Couple reasons for this. Most cool air for cpu and gpu, however intake bottom and side seems to be recommended as better. Not tried it myself as I have ll120s and in the side slots they would have to be in backwards to work as intake....and that just looks crap to me.

Can run all fans at 900rpm with cpu (i7 7700k) at about 59c and the gpu running nicely as well. But given the design same fans running at same speeds the r5 will likely be quieter.

Soldato

* vertical mount the GPU

Mounting the gpu vertically and putting 3 fans in the bottom is not done as standard. It can be done and there are examples online as to how people do it but it may require a little bit of jiggerypocery!

I run 3 fans on bot as intake 3 on top as intake and 3 exhaust on side. Couple reasons for this. Most cool air for cpu and gpu, however intake bottom and side seems to be recommended as better. Not tried it myself as I have ll120s and in the side slots they would have to be in backwards to work as intake....and that just looks crap to me.

Can run all fans at 900rpm with cpu (i7 7700k) at about 59c and the gpu running nicely as well. But given the design same fans running at same speeds the r5 will likely be quieter.

3ivse8l.jpg

jCZyK5b.jpg

OJnLJPI.jpg

using coolermaster unit

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £53.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

better then Lian li version due to built in support being one unit rather then two pieces and allows the unit to clear fans and SSDs installed at the bottom of this case or cases with PSU shroud

plate does block 45% of the firts bottom fan but can see theres about 4mm gap- bare in mind! that I have a 6mm Halo RGB cover over the top of the 25mm fan so more clearance would be had and more airspace for airflow .
temps are 5c+ cooler in vertical mount i've found . Might drill holes into the plate to allow airflow to pass through but with silent wing 3 fans ... im not in a rush to do so

ALSO NOTE! ram clearance with Custom PCB cards . Im using 47.7 mm high ram so one of the tallest you can get along with Aorus PCB, which is 134mm so the back plate does tough and card fits roughly 3/4 degrees from being a flush right angle .

Last edited:
Associate
I have a question on SSD drives? Following @orbitalwalsh 's design and having three fans as bottom intake I am believing this would be correct:

1) The bottom SSD caddy's cannot be used.
2) Therefore there are 2 SSD mounts in the power supply chamber on the "vertical metal column".
3) There is also a "drive caddy rack" above the power supply with two caddies.

Can the drive caddy rack be used to mount another 2 2.5inch SSD's or do you need anything else? Can any other drives (either 3.5inch or 2.5inch) be mounted anywhere?

Soldato
I have a question on SSD drives? Following @orbitalwalsh 's design and having three fans as bottom intake I am believing this would be correct:

2) Therefore there are 2 SSD mounts in the power supply chamber on the "vertical metal column".

Can the drive caddy rack be used to mount another 2 2.5inch SSD's or do you need anything else? Can any other drives (either 3.5inch or 2.5inch) be mounted anywhere?

think so, or you'd need a 3,5" to 2.5" converter

http://www.lian-li.com/pc-o11-dynamic/

3.5" need to go in the caddie holder at the back

Associate
Might want to wait for the revision coming out that will be slightly larger to accommodate more setup options. When that comes out, I plan to go AIO with top exhaust (AIO), 3 side intakes and 3 bottom intakes with a vertical mount.

Associate

Tbh I just use sticky velcro and stick 2 SSDs on top of each other. Looks smart imo. I've got the air version of this case but not put my stuff in it yet.

Associate
I recently purchased this case (no longer then 3 months ago), i have just found a slight problem with it. the front glass panel has fallen off. The metal supports have fallen off the panel where the glue has heated up or just not got enough stick anymore and has now fallen apart? what can i do about this? i bought it from overclockers

Associate
3ivse8l.jpg

jCZyK5b.jpg

OJnLJPI.jpg

using coolermaster unit

Total: £53.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

better then Lian li version due to built in support being one unit rather then two pieces and allows the unit to clear fans and SSDs installed at the bottom of this case or cases with PSU shroud

plate does block 45% of the firts bottom fan but can see theres about 4mm gap- bare in mind! that I have a 6mm Halo RGB cover over the top of the 25mm fan so more clearance would be had and more airspace for airflow .
temps are 5c+ cooler in vertical mount i've found . Might drill holes into the plate to allow airflow to pass through but with silent wing 3 fans ... im not in a rush to do so

ALSO NOTE! ram clearance with Custom PCB cards . Im using 47.7 mm high ram so one of the tallest you can get along with Aorus PCB, which is 134mm so the back plate does tough and card fits roughly 3/4 degrees from being a flush right angle .

I am very interested in your cooling setup, looks superior than any out of box aio. Could you tell me how you found the bequiet pump? is it enough to push through he big radiator?

Soldato
If you want understated Be Quiet is normally good.

If you want freaking infinity mirrors then NZXT Kraken seems to be the one to go for :)

Lights aren't as bright as my camera makes them out to be, quite liking a subtle blue/white colour.

8hdjZGYh.jpg

9VEWJfih.jpg

Soldato
I am very interested in your cooling setup, looks superior than any out of box aio. Could you tell me how you found the bequiet pump? is it enough to push through he big radiator?

yeah its fine- alphacool units are very easy flowing rads- one of the least restrictive on the market along with lower Fins Per Inch so dont need high powered fans.

Unit is 45mm thick rad in cladding ...

Total: £89.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

will be swapping pump in mine from 2600 rpm to 3600rpm unit- will be louder as standard unit - cant hear a thing at 100%!!!

3Pv33Yk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom