Lian Li V354b Build :)

Associate
You're in luck,found a couple of shots of my build still in progress last October on my imageshack acc.
This is with the optical drive bay trimmed and the top half of the hdd cage re-positioned.

"Be warned" this only works with Ek Coolstream 120mm rads due to their width,other brands are wider and wont sit side by side in the standard fan mounts without further modification.

Rads and 45 degree compression fittings in place leaves you ~280mm for a gfx card.
I had a 6970 in there which I recently swapped out for an Asus Direct cu GTX 580 (both fit without issue)

imag0033w.jpg

imag0035s.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone know if an H50/H60 can be fitted WITH the drive bays ALL in place? I assume it might need a slim fan fitting to happen but can anyone confirm or measure the space from case front to HDD cage?

Thanks

Posting those pics has jogged my memory.
I had to move the hdd cage 30-40mm,so even with a slim fan you aren't going to get a H50 in the front with all the drive bays in.

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure if I can link to other forums directly or not, but there is a pretty long thread there if you search for PC-V354 on hardforum with quite a few descriptions of how to mount a H50 in different positions.

Looking at the pictures, you could mount the rad straight to the case panel and put the fan on the outside.... but why ruin a good looking case. Otherwise as Legion said, just move your Drive bays back a few cm's.

Last edited:
Associate
Thinking about transferring my PC into one of these to free up some space in my room. The only concern I have is the temperatures, with the Coolermaster fans you have do you find the temperatures acceptable, and do you game on the rig?

Also, the lights look white in your images, is this what they look like in person, as that is the look I'm going for.

Associate
Thinking about transferring my PC into one of these to free up some space in my room. The only concern I have is the temperatures, with the Coolermaster fans you have do you find the temperatures acceptable, and do you game on the rig?

Also, the lights look white in your images, is this what they look like in person, as that is the look I'm going for.

Hi Jim,

What system are you planning on moving across? I don't have any issues at all.

As for the colour of the case, its anodized black aluminium with sheet aluminium. Here's a pic of mine

Associate
Hi Jim,

What system are you planning on moving across? I don't have any issues at all.

As for the colour of the case, its anodized black aluminium with sheet aluminium. Here's a pic of mine

Hi Guardsmon,

My spec is as follows at the moment. I would need to buy a new motherboard to fit as well.

- AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 965 Black Edition "125W Edition" 3.40GHz
- Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz
- Corsair Hydro H50
- HD 5850
- OCZ ModXStream Pro 500w Silent SLI Certified Modular Power Supply
- 2 x Caviar Black 640GB (Raid 0)

The plan would to be to do push-pull on the H-50 from the front.
I don't play games that often, only Dirt 3 occassionaly, my temps seen okay at the moment but I'm just wondering being AMD if I'm just asking for trouble.

EDIT: Might upgrade the graphics card, not sure yet. Also, what fans would be the best option, the OP seems to have changed them all out for Coolermaster fans, I like the colour of them but do they work as well as others?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom