Lian Li V354b Build :)

Soldato
OP
Ive just sold my v354 but it might be possible, definately possible to fit a rad in the front, and it will be possible in the top but you might need to use a slim fan on the top rad, depends on your motherboard and its +12v socket placement. Ive seen someone with a rampage iii gene mount a h50 with fan in the top but they had to heavily modify the fan for it to clear heatsinks etc, i tried it with my maximus iii gene but it was a no go as the power lead got in the way.

Don
Ive just sold my v354 but it might be possible, definately possible to fit a rad in the front, and it will be possible in the top but you might need to use a slim fan on the top rad, depends on your motherboard and its +12v socket placement. Ive seen someone with a rampage iii gene mount a h50 with fan in the top but they had to heavily modify the fan for it to clear heatsinks etc, i tried it with my maximus iii gene but it was a no go as the power lead got in the way.

You sold it! Why dude! :)

Stelly

Associate
stelly said:
You sold it! Why dude!

Stelly
Probably cause its a bit of a pain to work with and temps/noise wise (damn hard to get 3rd party cooling on GPU that is as silent as my HR03+) isn't as great as I thought it would be. + it just fits in between the categories of small and normal size - its too wide... Still love it, but its crossed my mind a few times.
Its just a little more constrained than other M-ATX cases due to the PSU placement.

As for the 2x 240 rads + waterblocks on your GTX570s that would be a serious project. It would depend a lot on how far our the the barbs come from the side of the card as there is only about an inch space between the top of the GPU & PSU. You could definately get the front rad in, as Brad said the top would be hard. You might have to mount the Fan externally unless you're going for a thin rad.

Associate
As for the 2x 240 rads + waterblocks on your GTX570s that would be a serious project. It would depend a lot on how far our the the barbs come from the side of the card as there is only about an inch space between the top of the GPU & PSU. You could definately get the front rad in, as Brad said the top would be hard. You might have to mount the Fan externally unless you're going for a thin rad.

That's exactly the point were I need advice before buying any stuff. I've never had any watercooling so far and I can't find specifications on the dimensions of such waterblocks. I might e-mail Aquacool or anonther manufacturer to get the dimensions. I'd do the same for Lian Li.
The tubes will have to fit from the first VGA, go up to the 1st rad above the PSU, down again to the second VGA, and to the second rad in the front. That's a lot of tubing for a tiny space.

Please tell me, or if some one could make a picture that shows the spacing between VGA and PSU inside the PC-V354 would be awesome!

Associate
sunjoo2012 - he knows what they are... They aren't practical though. You try installing one all over a lovely Lian Li which is tight enough as it is...

Clean sheat Alu covered in foam..... errgh! I'd rather the noise!

Associate
Please tell me, or if some one could make a picture that shows the spacing between VGA and PSU inside the PC-V354 would be awesome!

I'd recommend looking for something like: Swiftech MCW80 which won't have the barb fittings on the side of the card.

Bradmax57 said:
yep not sure what im going to replace it with tbh...
If its going under the desk maybe go for a Fractal R3 (got the sound padding to keep sunjoo happy :) ) Otherwise I'm not sure. My GPU is my problem with noise, but I don't know of a M-ATX I like that will allow a decent 3rd party cooler. Maybe a V351 with a TT Spitfire - just?

Last edited:
Associate
Build looks pretty awesome mate.

I've had an Akasa Eclipse for years and want to downgrade size wise. This case looks like the perfect thing in both size and style.

Soldato
Ah just what I was looking for... a V354 owner and lots of pics.

Can I ask if the space under the optical drive is designed for fitting (or possible to fit) a 2.5" drive? I can see my server migrating to this box and I'd probably use all 7x3.5 bays as well as optical.

Is it possible to disable the LEDs on the supplied fans or must I install new fans? My server is in my office where my cats sleep and I'd rather my babies were not bathed in an eerie blue glow!

Associate
Ah just what I was looking for... a V354 owner and lots of pics.

Can I ask if the space under the optical drive is designed for fitting (or possible to fit) a 2.5" drive? I can see my server migrating to this box and I'd probably use all 7x3.5 bays as well as optical.

Is it possible to disable the LEDs on the supplied fans or must I install new fans? My server is in my office where my cats sleep and I'd rather my babies were not bathed in an eerie blue glow!

There are 2, 2.5" pre-drilled mounts on the floor of the case,there is also as you mention a space under where you'd put the optical drive which while has enough room physically (just) it has no mountings for a 2.5" drive.
I bought a Lian-li EX-533b slimline adapter to enable the use of a slimline optical drive and a 3.5" drive both in the optical bay,it has a mount which sits just under the optical drive for either a fullsize 3.5" drive or a 2.5" drive.
I wanted this so I could do away with the drive bays for the rads I put in,although it will serve the same purpose for your needs!

As for the fans,aye they can't have the led turned off.
They were the first thing to go for my build,I replaced them with 1150 rpm gentle typhoon's hooked up to the cases fan controller and they are near silent.

I wanted a small gaming monster,it's not perfect but with SB running so cool it's damn close for quiet gaming.
My original intention was for m-itx but after a couple of setups I just couldnt live without case contained silent custom water cooling which I'm used to.

Last edited:
Associate
you can just cut the wire going to the LEDs in the fans.

As Legion said it is a great case for lots of drives. As standard you can fit 2x 2.5" at the bottom, 1 more in the slot below the optical (though its not designed for that), 2 more can fit on the PSU with a little help from some velcro and of course 7x 3.5"

Back
Top Bottom